Post-MMI follow-up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CavsFan2016

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it necessary to follow-up with a school after your MMI interview? Hand-written noters to your interviewers wouldn't make much sense. Would asking to connect with another student or asking additional questions via email be of any benefit?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally didn't send one following an MMI. There's just no way you're going to get the contact information of all 10+ interviewers you had, and even if you did I really doubt it would be worth the time it would take.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will it make you look very interested and motivated or desperate and insecure?

True. I already have contacts there and don't have any more questions, really. I just wanted to make sure I didn't come off as uninterested because that is definitely not the case.

I agree with the above. I had a MMI last year and there was no feasible way to follow up with any of those interviewers. That school offered me acceptance in October so I highly doubt my lack of follow up played any role. If you truly have more questions or want to contact another student for their perspective on the school, by all means, you should do so. However, I highly doubt this will affect your application what so ever. If you absolutely love this school, you could always look into sending them a letter of intent (I did not do this but know of individuals who have).

I feel like you should only follow-up things when you have a genuine interest in the follow-up, not out of politeness.

I'd follow-up an interview if something they said really changed how I viewed medicine, for example.

But I think most schools either don't care or outright don't want you to follow-up, just because it adds unnecessary hassle for them.