Post-Secondary Experiences

Started by AF1892
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

AF1892

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

I had a quick question maybe you guys could help me out with:

On the Post-Secondary Experiences, on the from "____" to "____", what about if you're CURRENTLY doing it? What date do you put in?
 
I would put 7/2001 or the next month from the date you're submitting your app. That's what I'm doing anyway, and I hope the AMCAS people would figure out that it's still ongoing.

I have a couple of questions too:

1. When entering awards, you're only allowed to put in one date. However, when I print out my app, the "from" appears after the date, as if I'd forgotten to enter something. Anyone else getting the same thing? Is it a problem?

2. How the heck do I enter my AP credit from high school when the only schools you're allowed to enter coursework for are the college ones?

3. I'm going to take a required pre-med class in a university other than the one I graduated from next fall quarter. How do I handle the transcript request form?

Thanks!
 
I asked AMCAS and they said, "use your best estimate."

That said, I'm doing what isa is doing with dates.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did the same thing as the above posts mention, but I also stated in the description that I am currently involved/employeed/doing, etc.
 
If I know exactly when the activity is going to end, I put that date in. For example, I am an active member of my sorority for four years, so I put May 2002 for the end date because thats when I am considered alum. Other activities that I know when the end, such as my summer job (May 2001 to Aug 2001), I also put the appropriate dates on those. I figured that people will be looking at my application for several months, and I dont want to keep sending updates and changes.
 
Originally posted by isa:
•
2. How the heck do I enter my AP credit from high school when the only schools you're allowed to enter coursework for are the college ones?

3. I'm going to take a required pre-med class in a university other than the one I graduated from next fall quarter. How do I handle the transcript request form?

Thanks!•

2. If it shows up on your transcript from college, list the course & credits that your college gave you, and there should be a reason code, like credit granted by examination or something like that, check out the help section.

3. You can contact the other school directly & have it sent to the same address as is listed with the AMCAS transcript request. If the transcript request form is required, call the registrar's oiffice & see if you can fax it. Most colleges are pretty familiar with sending to AMCAS. Many schools have a web based form that you can fill out to send the transcript to AMCAS. You should be able to list several schools on the AMCAS part.

good luck!