Postbacc NYU vs Northeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

17herjen

Reaction score
I'm currently living and working in Boston and have been recently accepted in to NYU's postbacc premed program for this upcoming fall semester. Prior to hearing back from them, I had Northeastern as my safety school for their premed postbacc program. I'm having one of the most difficult decisions to make to commit to NYU because I guess I'm afraid of actually moving down there instead of dreaming about it. One of my best friends suggested to take the risk to go to NYU if taking out the loan doesn't bother me. NEU is significantly less expensive but their program does not sound like it would have the same guidance and networking opportunities to get into medical school versus NYU's program? I guess at the end of the day, I would really like to know which school would be known to provide students with the guidance and leadership to get into medical school and worth the investment?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you check out Harvard’s extension program?

Hi!
Yes, I did check out their program, but I decided not to apply there respectfully due to personal reasons. Thanks for reaching out!

No, completely fine. A few of my classmates in my study group started at NEU before transferring over. They shared your concern about not having a lot of guidance. GL to you.