Postdoc at a private practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DocCertified

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, the private practice where I am is significantly changing from what we had originally signed up for, so as a preventive measure, I have started to look into alternative placements to complete the second year of my fellowship, should this be needed.

I wonder if anyone has had to complete their second year at a different placement, and if so, how did you go about it? Also, is it acceptable to reach out to local board certified neuropsychologists and see if alternative arrangements can be made? How does one go about doing something like that?

As trainees, I feel that we are in very vulnerable positions, and while I ideally wish to complete my second year at the same place, I am not sure that this will be feasible at this point. Any input/suggestions will be much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Where I have been, we would not take someone for a 1-year placement. We'd require the 2 year commitment. We occasionally had people ask, but they were in the bottom tier of applicants in the few times its come up that it never rose to the occasion of having to take action. You can reach out to people in the community, but I think you may have to search to find someone who would consider it, especially from the board certified crowd.