Poster presentation at mid-year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmphoTerrible

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Just curious how much of an impact presenting a poster at midyear would benefit one going through the residency process. Would it be fair to say one with subpar grades with presentations/research in P4 rotation year would help outweigh a subpar GPA?. Ive been debating this with a classmate recently and we cannot agree.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think it can't hurt. I don't know how much it helps though.

Of course it helps, but I agree with njac, not sure how much. It probably won't make up for really bad grades.

The problem is, you will be competing with students who have research/presentations AND stellar grades.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't think it would make up for grades a whole lot but I suspect (without any real basis) that it would help make up for a lack of organizational involvement/leadership, as research presentations show that you did more than just study and party in pharm school.

I think it can't hurt. I don't know how much it helps though.

+1 = Will it help? Sure, I cannot imagine an argument against it. However, how much it helps is very intangible. I am a Breathe well, live well course instructor for the ALA. I haven't the slightest idea how much this is going to help my app, but it sure as heck is going to be listed prominently.

Is your work already started, or is this only in the planning phase?