Posting Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spitting Camel

Anteater for Life!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't take this the wrong way, but can we all post our acceptances on the official acceptance thread? We are thrilled for our SDN friends, but we don't need a new thread every time someone gets in... this seems to be the trend these days, right? :) SO, congrats to everyone who has been accepted :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

We are thrilled for our SDN friends, but we don't need a new thread every time someone gets in

We don't ??? :p :p

Personally I disagree. I think people who have worked long and hard to get into med school, and have contributed substantially to this forum should have their golden moment highlighted in a thread. I understand your complaint that if everyone started a thread for their acceptance we would have a gazillion acceptance threads. But lighten up, this is an internet community, where we should encourage, support, and congratulate our cyber friends.

If you feel strongly about this I suggest you post a poll and see how the group feels and go from there. Good luck!

Respectfully,
rmp

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Rippey
We don't ??? :p :p

Well I can see how everyone posting can be a problem but a few people are allow:p and besides it's a proud accomplishment everyone wants to post about.

Any thread that breeds positivity (and gives hope to others)should be welcomed.

What we don't need is any more AA related threads+pissed+

Personally I disagree. I think people who have worked long and hard to get into med school, and have contributed substantially to this forum should have their golden moment highlighted in a thread. I understand your complaint that if everyone started a thread for their acceptance we would have a gazillion acceptance threads. But lighten up, this is an internet community, where we should encourage, support, and congratulate our cyber friends.

If you feel strongly about this I suggest you post a poll and see how the group feels and go from there. Good luck!

Respectfully,
rmp

Well my take on it is that no one will appreciate our accomplishments as much as those who have gone through this torturous process.

Therefore, if we can't celebrate around, for, and with everyone who has had their dream come true, then what is the appropriate forum?

Remember SDN is very much like someting else near and dear to us which defines itself as "for the people and by the people."

Originally posted by BushBaby

Any thread that breeds positivity (and gives hope to others)should be welcomed.

What we don't need is any more AA related threads+pissed+

I agree. Now can we discuss the issue of DO vs. MD?

don't knock the i got in threads. i ahve been waiting for BB to get in for a while and I am happy to see her make it. same goes for the rest of the regulars. noob i got in threads are slightly different however.

Seriously you don't find the stories just a little bit exciting? I love hearing the acceptances and all the details; I hope people keep posting them.

I think you are out voted about where to post our acceptances. We should remember to add our acceptances to the officical thread, but most of us need to post our personal acceptance thread to help us feel proud about our acceptances.

Maybe some of us have families that really don't give a crap about our acomplishments so we need our SDN friends. Yes, I am talking about myself. I have parents who don't take pride in what I have done and don't realize or care how hard of a journey I have traveled. I know I personally was thrilled to post here and have all my SDN friends give me the pat on the back I so desperately needed.

I love seeing new threads when people get accepted, especially when other people congratulate them on their accomplishment. So keep em coming!

I like hearing from people who post on occassion who are cool, but for the n00bs with 4 posts I could care less to be honest.

You can all be sure I will post my first acceptance! I probably wont bother you all with my second, third, fourth and so on and so on. That would totally drown out all the other posts, and me being the nice, modest guy that I am...:D

yeah, think i'll post too if i get accepted to my top choice school. ;)

Wow. Gleevec, you got over 2000 posts, man. :eek:

Gleevec,
I thought you said that you were gone...not that we wanted you gone in the first place. I just vaguely remember reading your 2000th post saying that you were going to spend less time on the forums.

Well...whatever, glad to still see you posting.

Originally posted by Aptamer
Gleevec,
I thought you said that you were gone...not that we wanted you gone in the first place. I just vaguely remember reading your 2000th post saying that you were going to spend less time on the forums.

Well...whatever, glad to still see you posting.

Ive gone from surely leaving for a while to possibly leaving, since I have managed to kick most of my SDN addiction ;)

Originally posted by Amy B
I think you are out voted about where to post our acceptances.

I know when I'm beat... sorry guys!

haha. Nice, AlreadyInDebt. I'm glad you are able to admit when you are out-voted. I LOVE acceptance posts. They are my inspiration. Thanks for being so understanding.

yeah...uh... SO, no one better complain when I post mine, right?!? :laugh:

when I get in I'm posting in bold with a copy to alreadyindebt

Let's see:

Filling out the AMCAS
Paying for AMCAS
Requesting transcripts
Asking for LOR's
Tracking LOR's
Secondaries
Interviews
Checking e-mail and mail box 10 times a day

**And all of this while taking 6 classes and trying to have a social life...

WHEN PEOPLE GET ACCEPTED..THEY DESERVE...DESERVE..to shout if from the Rooftops..and if they want to make 100 post about it..so be it...

Bring in the acceptances people...:laugh: :clap: :laugh: