Postponing MCAT effect on SMP chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ModernAlchemist

Transform and Transcend
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
I have combed this entire forum, but I couldn't find an exact answer to my question. I plan to take the MCAT on Jan 29th but I'm wondering what kind of effect it would have on my chances at getting into an SMP if I had to postpone til march for some reason. I'm planning on applying to the "True" SMPs and Loyola MAMS. Any thoughts?
 
Had to bump this because the time to switch my date is coming soon.

Anyone know if taking in March gives a big disadvantage over January?

I know it's rolling and I definitely want to get my applications in as soon as possible, but I was looking for some pros and cons from those who have been through the process.
 
Had to bump this because the time to switch my date is coming soon.

Anyone know if taking in March gives a big disadvantage over January?

I know it's rolling and I definitely want to get my applications in as soon as possible, but I was looking for some pros and cons from those who have been through the process.

I'm sure it won't help, I can't imagine it's a huge disadvantage. My apps weren't done until early May, and it worked out fine. /shrug

A lot of these programs are still admitting people long into the summer, and for all you know they'll be waiting to look at your Spring semester grades regardless of when your MCAT score arrives.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your response. I postponed until March so hopefully things turn out alright. I figure that being ready for the MCAT is more important.
 
Thank you for your response. I postponed until March so hopefully things turn out alright. I figure that being ready for the MCAT is more important.

BUMAMS admits people up to the last week in august. And they take GRE scores.

Dont know about the others but if they are similar, you will be fine