Potential Doctor to shadow emails me to send him a letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

leonardoson

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A doctor I emailed to shadow asked for me to send him a "letter" explaining my interest and goals in medicine. Do I send him a written letter through snail mail or attach a typed letter in an email, or send a typed letter through email? I was thrown off by this response.
 
my advice is don't bother
the best shadowing i had was from the people who were enthusiastic and invited me to come over right away
had a local dermatologist tell me through her secretary to write a letter of interest for shadowing and i did. no response. complete waste of time
 
Yea, he seems to be putting me off. I asked a couple months ago and he said to contact him in a month and a half. This is the response to contacting him again. Thought it was kind of weird.
 
Plus I have 20 hours already from another family practice physician and am still a few years off from applying so I am in no rush.