Poznan Medical School in Poland?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

turbosilvia7587

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Brian and I'm new here. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this school? Im actually an RN at the moment and I heard about this school through a friend. They offer 3 different MD programs in English (4 year, 6 year, and 7 year) The 4 year is for students who have graduated from a college with a BS degree and the 6/7 year is for students with some pre reqs or students that just graduated high school. Im really considering this program, but I wanted to see if anyone has heard good things about them. And by the way...they are accredited by the US too. I believe once the program is finished in Poland, you can do your residency here. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

What do you mean by "accredited by the US?"

The LCME is the accrediting body for US MD schools. The AOA is the accrediting body for US DO schools and neither of those bodies accredits institutions outside the US/Canada.

You would be considered an International Medical Graduate if you intend to practice in the US. This may (will likely) hinder your ability to match into residency.

Poznan is discussed in the International forum and ValueMD pretty often. I think what the OP means by "accredited by the US" is that the school is recognized by the Medical Board of California.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was in Poland last summer and spoke with a student currently attending that medical school. He was orignally from Finland studying in Poland. The only thing that I remember him telling me (we were at a bar of course) was that a decent amount of people in his class actually bought their own cadavers. They would hire someone to dig up graves for them. Who knows if this is entirely true, but thought it was interesting.

I was in Poland last summer and spoke with a student currently attending that medical school. He was orignally from Finland studying in Poland. The only thing that I remember him telling me (we were at a bar of course) was that a decent amount of people in his class actually bought their own cadavers. They would hire someone to dig up graves for them. Who knows if this is entirely true, but thought it was interesting.

:eek: I hope your friend was joking...

Somehow I feel that freshly dug-up corpses wouldn't be very well preserved..