PPE is Giving Me a Headache... Literally. Any PPE Hacks?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClandestineDime

Crentist
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since COVID-19, our school requires us to wear face shields and N95s, both give me intense headaches. Does anyone have recommendations on how to make these PPE items more comfortable? Any PPE hacks?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Since COVID-19, our school requires us to wear face shields and N95s, both give me intense headaches. Does anyone have recommendations on how to make these PPE items more comfortable? Any PPE hacks?
Thought I was crazy, but I would get stabbing headaches all the time this past summer. Those N95s are the trigger. By the end of the day, it’s killer, and OTC doesn’t help. I don’t have any hacks. I just started taking breaks and breathing fresh air.

Reactions: 1 user
Chances are the school is providing you with the cheapest PPE. The cheap stuff is often too small to fit most people correctly. SO...
...Try a size larger than you are presently using.
...Try a different brand.
...Try a different style and or design.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are surgical caps with buttons on the sides for the N95 straps to hook onto. Saves your ears for sure And helps with headaches. Equipeatheltics makes some comfortable ones

Reactions: 2 users
I love my 3M 8210plus.

I used to get very sleepy wearing it but never headaches. My body probably got used to wearing it so often I can wear it all day without complaints. Like others have said, give it more time or get some nicer N95s