Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ppl who got in second time around

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by calbears84, Jun 8, 2002.

1. calbears84

calbears84 professional baller

for those who got in second time around, what did you do to improve your application? also, i know lotsa schools say they do not look down on second applicants, does anyone have experience that is contrary to that?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UrSexyLatinDr

UrSexyLatinDr Single and looking =o)~

BUMP ANyone?

Eduardo

4. Jalby

Jalby I fight crime at day when Batman are sleeping.

Pre-Veterinary
    I worked hard for two years getting a masters degree and volunteering at a hospital and elimentary school. But really, you need to see what your application is lacking. For most people it's GPA or MCAT. Then you need to fix the problem(s).

5. gellybean

gellybean Member

This is what I did: I retook the MCAT, got a job at a doctor's office to get more clinical experience, asked for more LOR's and applied to more schools. Hope this helps you. Good luck!

6. lake show

lake show Senior Member

i retook the MCAT and began volunteering at a hospital. my advice is to apply early, call each school to MAKE SURE your application, credentials are all received and pray.

7. hpitup

hpitup Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Ditto the above. Improve your MCAT if possible and APPLY EARLY!!! Also ask for LOR's early. I got a job substitute teaching. ADCOMS seemed to love that, and it gave me material for secondary essays and interviews.