ppl who got in second time around

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who got in second time around, what did you do to improve your application? also, i know lotsa schools say they do not look down on second applicants, does anyone have experience that is contrary to that?

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP ANyone?

Eduardo

I worked hard for two years getting a masters degree and volunteering at a hospital and elimentary school. But really, you need to see what your application is lacking. For most people it's GPA or MCAT. Then you need to fix the problem(s).

Members don't see this ad :)
This is what I did: I retook the MCAT, got a job at a doctor's office to get more clinical experience, asked for more LOR's and applied to more schools. Hope this helps you. Good luck!

i retook the MCAT and began volunteering at a hospital. my advice is to apply early, call each school to MAKE SURE your application, credentials are all received and pray.

Ditto the above. Improve your MCAT if possible and APPLY EARLY!!! Also ask for LOR's early. I got a job substitute teaching. ADCOMS seemed to love that, and it gave me material for secondary essays and interviews.