Practice assessment verses doing questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilnoelle

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take my exam Thursday and I feel like I'm behind. I've only done a little over 50% UWORLD (like I said, I'm behind, and it takes me quite a long time to go through the answers after taking a question block). I have gotten through all the material once, although I haven't been able to read through RR Path like I wanted, and I feel like I've forgotten a lot of what I've done this last 3 weeks.
My original plan was to do UWorld's assessment exam tomorrow or Monday. What do you think, is it worth doing it if I go over the ones I got wrong? Or should I spend that time working through the Qbank?

Otherwise, I plan on doing a bunch of flashcards, reviewing through FA, and doing questions this week. I scored 214 on NBME 3 last Saturday, but am hoping for around 230 on the real thing.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, since you've already taken an NBME and you're running out of time, I don't think another assessment serves much purpose.

Personally, since you've already taken an NBME and you're running out of time, I don't think another assessment serves much purpose.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping for a confidence booster. And if I go through the ones I got wrong, it isn't necessarily a WASTE of time. But its probably not the best use of my time.

I wish I had an extra week.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping for a confidence booster. And if I go through the ones I got wrong, it isn't necessarily a WASTE of time. But its probably not the best use of my time.

I wish I had an extra week.

What about instead of your next 50Q block on UW, you use 50Q of the assessment each day leading up to the test. Not a waste of time cause you'd be doing it anyway and you'd get the extra bonus of the assessment vs the non-predictive UW qbank.

I'm sure it's not as precise if you spread it out over a few days vs taking it all in one day, but I think that's what I'd do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you buy the self assessment along with the Qbank? If so, you should definitely use it just because you already paid for it and you can review the questions anyway. So it's basically like doing 4 blocks only you will get a score to go with it. Plus it might be a good confidence booster. Good luck!

Did you buy the self assessment along with the Qbank? If so, you should definitely use it just because you already paid for it and you can review the questions anyway. So it's basically like doing 4 blocks only you will get a score to go with it. Plus it might be a good confidence booster. Good luck!

Yeah, I already paid for it.
I'm just wondering if its AS good as doing the regular questions. I suppose I could always start it and quit if I find it not worth my time.

I actually found UW assessment to be very similar to NMBE 3 and 4. It was nice to have the answers to some of the things they asked. Do what works best for you though, at this point stress management is key in my opinion.