Practice Full-length PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hardworker101

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all

You guys know where I can get access to many full lenght pcat exams

Please let me know
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Have you ever heard about Kaplan study book for PCAT? If not then go to the library and get the book. It has some practice exams at the back. you can also take almost like a real pcat experience for free at the Kaplan center. There is so much stuff you can buy go on amazon and type Pcat on search.

Has anyone gone to one of those Kaplan (free!) practice PCAT's? How long is it really? From 1-3pm as written, or do u show up between 1-3p and the whole thing takes u 4-5 hrs? Hmm... think it's useful? Like... the saturday before the PCAT Sat? lolx, maybe just study at home the week before is all that's really helpful... ah well. Their book is pretty good at least

How accurate are the practice pcat tests? Who's taken the one on the kaplan website and the free practice tests that kapalan centers handout? Is what you get on the practice tests result in what you get on the real one?

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmbuddy said:
Have you tried www.pcatreview.com? I did, it has the current formats like the essay, calc and organic.

i have u taken the actual pcat yet????

does this online prep program really resemble to the real pcat???

i don't know if i should buy this program now, because i'm taking my pcat on this 22nd.....and i'm not sure if i'll have enough time to study all the material that this program covers.....

please let me know...ASAP.....about what i should do????

thanks in advance

starsweet said:

i don't know if the Scholarware's PCAT is good or not...cause i haven't taken the pcat yet.....however i did buy the book online for $40...i think it's got some good question as well as good explanations....I would not waste my time on the reading section of this boook 'cause it's way too easy...and i bet the actual pcat test will have harder questions than that/....

i would say go ahead and buy...it can't hurt y ..if u know some extra stuff.....u never know when it can be handy

Okay, I took the plunge and got the book. Thanks for the advice - I won't spend time on the reading section. Barron's reading section was easy too. I wonder if any books provide the real experience?

I got a question about the information provided on the PCAT questions. How much are we expected to know in terms of information needed to complete chemistry questions? Like atomic weights, # of valence electrons, etc.?

starsweet said:
Okay, I took the plunge and got the book. Thanks for the advice - I won't spend time on the reading section. Barron's reading section was easy too. I wonder if any books provide the real experience?

I got a question about the information provided on the PCAT questions. How much are we expected to know in terms of information needed to complete chemistry questions? Like atomic weights, # of valence electrons, etc.?

I have been wondering the same thing, because I have seen different things from different resources. Personally, I think I won't worry about it. If I already know it, great, but I am not going to spend time studying it because the cost to benefit ratio is too high. But I hope I am right about that.

I wish more people who have taken the PCAT would give more input on this forum, no? It would help a great deal for those of us who are studying.

Yeah, I totally agree. I still really don't know how much to memorize for the chem part. But, hopefully we'll be ok. I guess we'll find out in 2 weeks. :luck:

If you go to www.pcatweb.info (the website you went to in order to sign up for the PCAT), on your right side you will see a button that says "Take the PCAT practice test". The advantage here is that these are actual questions from past tests. The price for this is $19.00 and this buys you access to 120 total question along with the explanation as to why the correct answer is correct. Hope this helps. Although it's not full length, the questions used are from past exams and this will definitely help you out when it comes to what to expect.

Thanks, I'm gonna do that. Once you purchase it, are you allowed access only once? Or can you go back to it later whenever you want to? On the website it says you can go back to it later, but not review any items at the end of the test. So when can you review the explanations?

starsweet said:
Thanks, I'm gonna do that. Once you purchase it, are you allowed access only once? Or can you go back to it later whenever you want to? On the website it says you can go back to it later, but not review any items at the end of the test. So when can you review the explanations?

Yes..u can go back to the test as many times as u wish to....when u open up the test questions window...u'll see a small box of links on the upper right hand corner of the screen.....and one of the link is the answer explanations...

I bought the test too for $19 ...hopefully it'll be helpful...

BTW i LOV ur avtaar.... :love:

i bought the Kaplan book. hopefully the new edition coming out soon will be better since they didn't add all of the changes to the pcat in there. there was no calculus in the 04-05 but it wasn't that bad. they didn't have much about organic chemistry and it was definitely a part of the exam. i thought Kaplan questions were hard and Baron's questions were too easy.

miss_taken said:
i bought the Kaplan book. hopefully the new edition coming out soon will be better since they didn't add all of the changes to the pcat in there. there was no calculus in the 04-05 but it wasn't that bad. they didn't have much about organic chemistry and it was definitely a part of the exam. i thought Kaplan questions were hard and Baron's questions were too easy.

I used the kaplan book to study for the PCAT. Although, I felt that it was way more detailed than the acutal exam, I felt that I was prepared as I feel that it is better to overstudy than understudy. What was most useful in the book to me was the test-taking strategies. It really helped in terms of doing each section efficiently in a timely manner. I did not feel pressured by the time constraint when I took the exam. In fact, I had at least 10min to spare in each section. When it comes to study guides, to each is own. I wish you much luck on finding something that works for you and good studying! ;)