practice questions for the inservice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JkGrocerz

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so its less than couple of months away and I'm in the need for some questions. I have a copy of peer VI which is good. I did some of the CORD questions and they don't seem like the things I would be asked on the inservice. are there any books or online resources out there? What kind of questions have many of you guys done for the inservice?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear peer 6 or 7 is the way to go..

Members don't see this ad :)
I used Peer 6 last year, and found it to be very helpful. The questions are very challenging, and represent similar content. I found that in general they are harder questions than are present on the inservice.

thanks for the reply veers.. any word on where youll be next yr?

I've got PEER VII, which has just come out recently. Unfortunantly, it is hard copy only, and I've yet to see a CD or digital PEER VII.

so its less than couple of months away and I'm in the need for some questions. I have a copy of peer VI which is good. I did some of the CORD questions and they don't seem like the things I would be asked on the inservice. are there any books or online resources out there? What kind of questions have many of you guys done for the inservice?

I always scored in the high 90s percentile on the inservice: I read EM secrets every year, did PEER VI, and read the "answers" to the PEER questions I got wrong.

I also had some old (like 8 or so years) "review pearls" from one of the state ACEP reviews. I also had a file of "most commons" that I would look through.

CORD questions, unfortunately, are a little too specific and some questions are poorly written.

mike

I used only PEER VI for my inservice and scored very well. Make sure you read the answers (I read them for ALL the questions, even the ones I got wrong). I haven't seen PEER VII but am guessing its probably pretty good.

Q

I used only PEER VI for my inservice and scored very well. Make sure you read the answers (I read them for ALL the questions, even the ones I got wrong). I haven't seen PEER VII but am guessing its probably pretty good.

Q

I always scored in the high 90s percentile on the inservice: I read EM secrets every year, did PEER VI, and read the "answers" to the PEER questions I got wrong.

What is this EM Secrets book you are referring to? I've only heard Rivers' review text mentioned for last minute studying.

Ask Mikey O for PEER VI or some of the upper levels, they should have a copy for you, if you didn't get one already. PEER VI is ALL YOU NEED for the inservice.

Q

Mark was nice enough to put a Christmas present in all of our mailboxes, so it's taken care of - now I just have to look at it! :eek:

I will offer another voice in support of the Peers. I hate CORD questions although I understand they are trying to improve them.

Peer 6 was good. I bought Peer 7 at ACEP but haven't opened it yet. I know what my New Years resolution is going to be.

EM Secrets? I remember medstudents flipping through that book when I was in medschool. Wouldn't this book be a little too superficial for the inservice?