Pre-dedicated help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dorito932

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!!

Just some background: my school goes until June (as in, we are learning systems with NBME exams at the end of each section). We get approximately 6 weeks off for dedicated study time for STEP1 after.

I recently started studying for STEP, but it feels like I am doing something wrong - I don't think I am retaining the information, but rather just jotting notes down.

I made a fairly detailed study schedule on what to review each day for the next few months until dedicated, leaving about 2-4 hours/ day to review some topic in first year basic sciences/ past systems. I mainly use Firecracker, Sketchy, and First Aid. I'm going to use UWorld questions in a few weeks.

Is it just memorization?? I do think I'll learn better once I see what I am getting wrong and actually start using flashcards to review, but until then... I am exhausted. Any revisions?? TIA :)

Members don't see this ad.

In short, questions, questions questions! You’ll learn much better if you put info in the context of UWorld/NBMEs.

Feel free to PM me if you want more detailed advice :)

Reactions: 1 user