This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectiveKidd

Membership Revoked
Removed
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Basically my school has a lot of good looking girls. When I see perfect female specimens one of the first things I tell them is "I'm pre-dent with an interest in oral maxillofacial surgery" and this is what I get:

Not-Bad-Girl-GIF.gif

What does this reaction actually mean and do you tell girls that you are pre-dent. Does this not depict me as eligible and desirable? Why do their responses seem so blasé thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you present yourself as a predent? Do they ask you and then you say so or you just start conversations like that? o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk. I'm a girl and when I tell guys I'm a pre-dent they come flocking like sheep. Must be a you problem :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Idk. I'm a girl and when I tell guys I'm a pre-dent they come flocking like sheep. Must be a you problem :shrug:

Guys usually flock to girls, not the other way around. Can someone answer my question? How can I get better responses out of telling girls I'm pre-dent with an interest in a competitive specialty? Why does this not excite them - I'm solid 7.5/10 thanks

Weird. When I tell people that I'm pre-dent, they just ask why I want to put my hands in people's mouths for a living :smack:

Reactions: 11 users
Guys usually flock to girls, not the other way around. Can someone answer my question? How can I get better responses out of telling girls I'm pre-dent with an interest in a competitive specialty? Why does this not excite them - I'm solid 7.5/10 thanks
Go back to the pre-med boards. Maybe they can answer you better

What does this reaction actually mean and do you tell girls that you are pre-dent. Does this not depict me as eligible and desirable? Why do their responses seem so blasé thanks.

Guys usually flock to girls, not the other way around. Can someone answer my question? How can I get better responses out of telling girls I'm pre-dent with an interest in a competitive specialty? Why does this not excite them - I'm solid 7.5/10 thanks.

I don't think that the average person, whose only experience with dentistry is his/her biannual cleaning, realizes the kind of tenacity, ambition, and hard work that becoming an OMFS entails.

To respond to your question, I do not tell people I'm interested in dentistry- I prefer to meet people through common interests like hiking, volunteering, etc. There will be a time and place to discuss finances, future plans, etc. (All topics that are important). But I want the foundation of any relationship to be based on common interests, not based on professions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Most people don't even know what maxillofacial means. That's your first problem.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Most people don't even know what maxillofacial means. That's your first problem.

Ok so ill just tell them I'm pre-dent? (or should I just say I'm going to be a dentist? I actually say pre-dent) and then later on i will explain what OMFS is or should i leave the specialty out. Im beginning to wonder if its the caliber/age of the girls at my school don't understand what it actually takes to respect it like some of u guys are saying thanks

Try not to quickly force the conversation into your future career and you might have more success

Reactions: 2 users
You sound pathetic.

Reactions: 5 users
Not sure if serious or not.

Because it makes you come off as cocky. Not every girl is looking to date a guy who will be rich in 12 years lol. You can get better responses by talking to them first (hobbies, common interests, etc.) Then humbly bring up your career goals when the topic arises, and it will if you talk long enough.

More like 20 years with all the loans. lol

Reactions: 1 users
Because it makes you come off as cocky. Not every girl is looking to date a guy who will be rich in 12 years lol.

I don't understand that though. Better to be rich in 12 years than not rich in 12 years. I was wondering if they are shying away from the time commitment also. But if they don't really know what any of the process entails as some of you suggest then maybe not.

Basically when girls tell me they want PhDs and to be engineers or docs thats attractive to me so its confusing thanks.

I can't tell what's worse: OP or the people who think he's serious.

Come on. Everyone knows girls only want endodontists anyway.

Reactions: 3 users
I dunno, that line worked for me like a charm. Most likely your looks or personality. I'm guessing both! Hope that helped!

as a girl I'm sure guys have acted similar towards you, but I'm a troll? ok. As you can see SnozzBerry and others were successful

I dunno, that line worked for me like a charm. Most likely your looks or personality. I'm guessing both! Hope that helped!

Its definitely not those things thanks for your thoughts

as a girl I'm sure guys have acted similar towards you, but I'm a troll? ok.

Its definitely not those things thanks for your thoughts
Maybe your hygiene then? Looks like you wear your mask way too long after its being soiled. Probably goes that way for a lot of other things too!

LOL. I've actually seen that line work. Keep trying, ProspectiveKidd.

Problem is you don't know who is being serious these days, I could see some people in my class dropping this as an actual pick up line...also they are virgins

Reactions: 1 users
Problem is you don't know who is being serious these days, I could see some people in my class dropping this as an actual pick up line...also they are virgins

thanks

LOL. I've actually seen that line work. Keep trying, ProspectiveKidd.

Im always prospective it seems thanks. Can you give any details as to why you think it worked? a couple times its been the first thing thats come out of my mouth and I've gotten better responses that way so ill probably continue with that and see where it lands me. Sometimes if I'm building it up with small talk they wonder why I'm talking about education and dental stuff so much and then i just come out with it and I get a response similar to the OP; more of a feigned surprise.

Last edited:
Ok so ill just tell them I'm pre-dent? (or should I just say I'm going to be a dentist? I actually say pre-dent) and then later on i will explain what OMFS is or should i leave the specialty out. Im beginning to wonder if its the caliber/age of the girls at my school don't understand what it actually takes to respect it like some of u guys are saying thanks
It's not them, it's you.
Simple answer? Don't talk about it. If your "hook" is not working, try just being yourself. If it comes up, just say you're a predent and deflect the conversation back to the young lady and make it about her. Show YOUR interest in HER. Don't give her what you think is the reason she SHOULD be interested in you, and then ask what's wrong with her when she isn't.
Next; you're a predent. OMS is cool and all, but one step at a time. Get in school first, do well in school, and hopefully score a residency.
As far as your social life, your comments are quite shallow. Picking out the hottest girls and giving them the ol' "I'm gonna be a super-surgeon" line is pretty lame.
Find a girl that is nice, pretty, intelligent, and a good sense of humor. Focus on her and show her respect. Hopefully there is more to you beneath the comments you make and she is smart enough to see it and appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. But we were all kinda thinking it....

It's not them, it's you.
Simple answer? Don't talk about it. If your "hook" is not working, try just being yourself. If it comes up, just say you're a predent and deflect the conversation back to the young lady and make it about her. Show YOUR interest in HER. Don't give her what you think is the reason she SHOULD be interested in you, and then ask what's wrong with her when she isn't.
Next; you're a predent. OMS is cool and all, but one step at a time. Get in school first, do well in school, and hopefully score a residency.
As far as your social life, your comments are quite shallow. Picking out the hottest girls and giving them the ol' "I'm gonna be a super-surgeon" line is pretty lame.
Find a girl that is nice, pretty, intelligent, and a good sense of humor. Focus on her and show her respect. Hopefully there is more to you beneath the comments you make and she is smart enough to see it and appreciate it.

Honestly, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk. But we were all kinda thinking it....

Thank you for your thoughts. However, the girl you described, Ms Sally Jo with the strawberry blonde hair is gonna marry the super-surgeon anyways so basically I'm just telling her up front what she's looking at. If I don't ill see her at the reunion 10 years down the line with said OMFS who probably doesn't even look as good as me thanks.

Last edited:
Im always prospective it seems thanks. Can you give any details as to why you think it worked? a couple times its been the first thing thats come out of my mouth and I've gotten better responses that way so ill probably continue with that and see where it lands me. Sometimes if I'm building it up with small talk they wonder why I'm talking about education and dental stuff so much and then i just come out with it and I get a response similar to the OP; more of a feigned surprise.

I was sarcastically poking fun at you, but @schmoob basically said what I was going to respond with. I'd listen to him.

I don't get the point of this thread. Why doesn't OP just be hot? It's not hard

Reactions: 4 users
Tell her you're gonna be a dentist, and you'll give her a free cleaning and whiten her teeth. It's a panty-dropper.

I don't get the point of this thread. Why doesn't OP just be hot? It's not hard

(7.5/10 previously mentioned sometimes 8.0~) i look good enough to pull chicks. I have good straight white teeth I'm starting to wonder if they are just self conscious around an 8/10~ prospective OMFS thanks.

(7.5/10 previously mentioned sometimes 8.0~) i look good enough to pull chicks. I have good straight white teeth I'm starting to wonder if they are just self conscious around a 8/10~ prospective OMFS thanks.
Case closed

Thank you for your thoughts. However, the girl you described, Ms Sally Jo with the strawberry blonde hair is gonna marry the super-surgeon anyways so basically I'm just telling her up front what she's looking at. If I don't ill see her at the reunion 10 years down the line with said OMFS who probably doesn't even look as good as me thanks.
Wow, I never thought of it that way. You're right, I should've listened to you in the first place.
Whenever you have a chance, (I'm sure you're quite busy in your residency right now) please teach me your ways with women. Obviously they're working, which is why you're here in the first place. I'd love to learn your secrets with the ladies because it sounds like they just can't get enough of you!

This is a good cringe thread.

It's simple:
Step 1.) Be attractive
Step 2.) Don't be unattractive

SDN would be so much more interesting if this stuff got posted all the time instead of chance me threads...

Why do you want ladies to know that you are going to be successful? Are you like in a rush to get married (and married with someone that's only interested in the living you might give her in the future)... This is not 1800s when guys used to say what they had and then proposed. I'm assuming you are 18-21. Most girls of your age just want to have fun. Unless you find someone that's also pre-health, I don't think you will be successful with that technique.

Like, come on! Is being pre-dental with an interest in blah blah the best you have? Is that what makes 'you' you? As for adcoms, they like to see you as a person also, not as a mere predental. What do you have to offer? What are your other interests?

Ok so basically I'm going to do another dry run today of just telling a lot of girls I'm pre dent/OMFS and see what happens. Try to talk to at least 5 or 6 nice looking girls. Maybe I will throw in some of my other pre-dent stuff like if they seem intelligent I'll talk to them about the DAT and what have you thanks. Will report back tonight

Ok so basically I'm going to do another dry run today of just telling a lot of girls I'm pre dent/OMFS or whatever and see what happens. Try to talk to at least 5 or 6 nice looking girls. Maybe I will throw in some of my other pre-dent stuff like if they seem intelligent I'll talk to them about the DAT and what have you thanks. Will report back tonight
Let us know how it goes young sparrow

I'm so confused... Dating advice in a pre-dental forum. What a time to be alive

Status
Not open for further replies.