pre-interview hold at UCI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

size_tens

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who was put on hold pre-interview at UCI been granted an interview? I realize that at this point it would probably be impossible to still be offered an interview off the hold list but I'm curious.

Members don't see this ad.

hold applicants will get re-reviewed in about 2 weeks (late Feb). I called and this is the info I got from the Admissions Office, hope that helps...

Thanks for the info dr. don. I've just about lost hope for UCI but I guess that restores a tiny chance for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
how many people usually get off this hold list?

im on preinterview hold for a while now and still no word...

i think there are not many people that get off the preinterview hold...i know that every school is different but ive been put on preinterview hold at other places and its been around 3-4 months now.

these other schools i dont find them to be as hard to gain an acceptance to compared to uci...but its nice that they are reviewing our files in a few weeks...

i wish everyone the best of luck...

well I was fortunate to get an interview off the hold list at UCI last year, then got placed on the alternate list and that was the end of that. Very few people get an interview off the hold...I don't know what's going to happen this year, but I guess if you really like UCI, you can send them a letter explaining your reasons for wanting to attend. Hope this helps and good luck to you all!

i guess there's no hope if you're still pending review.

sigh

Originally posted by size_tens
Thanks for the info dr. don. I've just about lost hope for UCI but I guess that restores a tiny chance for me.

Same here.

count me in on the pre-interview hold list . . . I don't have much hope since I haven't manage to make the jump from hold to interview at any of the 6 schools I have been put on hold at. How did you guys do with the other UCs (just out of curiosity)?

I'm still on hold pre-interview and have been since October. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky in March.

Originally posted by celticmists18
count me in on the pre-interview hold list . . . I don't have much hope since I haven't manage to make the jump from hold to interview at any of the 6 schools I have been put on hold at. How did you guys do with the other UCs (just out of curiosity)?

sd rejection presec.
la interview
davis interview
sf rejection presec.
uci preint hold.

Originally posted by celticmists18

i'm still on hold preinterview at uci.

ucdavis: interview
ucla: interview
ucsd: hold
ucsf: hold

i guess i'll join the club

UCSF - post-secondary rejection
UCLA - post-secondary limbo...
UCI - post-secondary hold
UCD - interview
UCSD - got off hold - interview

Originally posted by finnpipette
i guess i'll join the club

UCSF - post-secondary rejection
UCLA - post-secondary limbo...
UCI - post-secondary hold
UCD - interview
UCSD - got off hold - interview

damn you got off the ucsd hold list and got an invite....

bow down....thats awesome.

thanks jlee, and you got an interview at ucla, so sweet. man...what a random process. i wonder where i'll end up next year...maybe i should take a poll, like exmike.

Add me to the list of evidence showing medical school's randomness....
UCI- pre-interview hold
UCD- post-secondary reject (I went to undergrad there too, jerks)
UCSF- interview, still waiting
UCLA- interview, dreaded letter in the black-hole that is the postal system
UCSD- interview, waitlist

Anybody else's UCI status show they're under review?

UCSD- Post sec. Hold then Rejection
UCD - Nothing post secondary
UCI - Pre-interview hold

UCSF - pre-interview hold
UCSD - pre-interview hold then rejected
UCLA - pre-secondary rejection
UCD - pre-secondary rejection
UCI - interview and waiting