Pre-interview phone interview

Started by PM&R2015
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PM&R2015

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So Yesterday evening I got a call from a resident from one of the programs I applied to. It was out of the blue, and she told me it was part of the application process to be selected for an interview. As I was unaware of this, I was totally not ready for the interview, and kinda blew it. How common is it that programs do this?

This was an fm program. I am a us-img
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't worry about it, you don't want to be at that place anyway. You want a program that treats their residents with respect. If they are already treating you like this before even offering you an interview, that's not a good sign.
 
I would echo what someone said earlier and move on, too many good opportunities ahead to focus on this weird experience.