Pre-Interview Ritual

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TxResident

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So didn't see any threads about this, and my first interview of the season is coming up.

Whats y'alls pre-interview ritual?

Mine will be the usual shower, shave, listening to some music, and glancing over my application again. And then to add in a kick, a shot of whiskey to help calm my nerves. It also helps me in sweating less... And I sweat like a dawg (I swear its hyperhidrosis, but I haven't actually had it looked into by my PCP).

Edit: Oh and a pre-game dump, if ya know what I mean ;).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm looking at staying with student hosts so this might be tough. But I do plan on being in the cities I'm interviewing in for at least a day or two before the interview.

I'll probably review my application on the flight, take my bags to my hotel, go hit up the local crowd scene to get into my "people mood" for the trip, and then go to the host/interview feeling relaxed and confident.

But I was thinking coffee to sharpen my nerves, but you're saying whiskey to calm them... I wonder what's better?

I'm looking at staying with student hosts so this might be tough. But I do plan on being in the cities I'm interviewing in for at least a day or two before the interview.

I'll probably review my application on the flight, take my bags to my hotel, go hit up the local crowd scene to get into my "people mood" for the trip, and then go to the host/interview feeling relaxed and confident.

But I was thinking coffee to sharpen my nerves, but you're saying whiskey to calm them... I wonder what's better?

Ah, yeah, I would stay with student hosts but I have a really bad problem with night sweats/snoring and I really wouldn't want to trouble them.

Whiskey at the hotel, coffee at the school. Its a roller coaster for me :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
Rub one out and I'm good to go. It takes the edge off nicely and calms the nerves.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Whiskey at the hotel, coffee at the school. Its a roller coaster for me :cool:

Why not the best of both worlds? I'll make myself an Irish Coffee.

220px-Irish_coffee_glass.jpg

I like to go to the kitchen floor, lie down and pretend I'm a carrot.

I would typically drive to the school the night before in order to be sure that I knew where it was. Then I'd have two beers, go to bed, and shower vigorously in the morning.

If I had a dog, then this would just have to be my pre-interview morning ritual for any in the city interviews.

[youtube]aCxK4vpJa2Y[/youtube]

watch from 1:22 to 2:34

(Yes, I admit, I just wanted an excuse to post that scene. I love dogs in case you couldn't tell by my avatar.)

I take my bat and hit each cleat twice, starting with my right one. Then I practice 3 slow checked swings and rub my left foot into the dirt.

Listen to "my clique" haha new song that's been on repeat for a while now.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWrfOdQG0GU[/YOUTUBE]

look in the mirror and say, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!"