Pre-Med-->Pre-Dental. Am I on track?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thDoc11

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you for any help with this in advance!

I graduated last May from college thinking medical school. I graduated with:

cGPA: 3.78
sGPA: unsure but guessing 3.3-3.5
Research hours: 2000 hrs
Hospital orderly: 1000 hrs
Currently full time CNA for a dermatology clinic and will be there from last May til I enter school again which could be a year and a half or more until I get accepted into school.
Volunteering: 75 hrs, hoping to get more asap.

I recently have began thinking about dental school and I like how much you get to use your hands and all the different aspects about it compared to medical school. I will leave that out and won't take up to much of your time stating it on here. I have yet to take the DAT, and I hope to get 75+ hours of shadowing before applying but was hoping to hear some feedback on my experiences. I don't know how much pre-dental students do prior to applying. Do they really get patient care experience? Do I have a leg up on my competition because of the extra patient care experiences I've had?

I feel as though I need to get some direction on what I need to do and continue doing to put myself in the best position for applying this spring.

Thanks again!

Members don't see this ad.

You seem to be very well positioned. Score 20+AA, write decent essays and you should get plenty of interviews.

Reactions: 1 user