Pre-med requirements for non-science person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, dilemma ...

I have to do all my pre-med requirements. I took gen chem freshman year of college (I and II) and org I and withdrew org II. Was a chem major, switched to business. I am now 25, want to get back in. Should I take a pre-bacc program for pre-med then do the MS requirements to strengthen, or should I just do the credits on my own then go for my MS. From what I hear, I should get the MS experience down but I'm trying to find the quickest route possible. Since I'm so far removed from my science experience, I know I need some refreshers! Any input? Anyone in that situation?.
 
mshheaddoc said:
Ok, dilemma ...

I have to do all my pre-med requirements. I took gen chem freshman year of college (I and II) and org I and withdrew org II. Was a chem major, switched to business. I am now 25, want to get back in. Should I take a pre-bacc program for pre-med then do the MS requirements to strengthen, or should I just do the credits on my own then go for my MS. From what I hear, I should get the MS experience down but I'm trying to find the quickest route possible. Since I'm so far removed from my science experience, I know I need some refreshers! Any input? Anyone in that situation?.
Your quickest route, without shortchanging yourself, will probably be a 1 year post bacc like Duquesne, that offers a mix of prerequisite and upper level sciences.