Pre-med requirements for non-science person

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mshheaddoc

Howdy
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, dilemma ...

I have to do all my pre-med requirements. I took gen chem freshman year of college (I and II) and org I and withdrew org II. Was a chem major, switched to business. I am now 25, want to get back in. Should I take a pre-bacc program for pre-med then do the MS requirements to strengthen, or should I just do the credits on my own then go for my MS. From what I hear, I should get the MS experience down but I'm trying to find the quickest route possible. Since I'm so far removed from my science experience, I know I need some refreshers! Any input? Anyone in that situation?.

Members don't see this ad.

mshheaddoc said:
Ok, dilemma ...

I have to do all my pre-med requirements. I took gen chem freshman year of college (I and II) and org I and withdrew org II. Was a chem major, switched to business. I am now 25, want to get back in. Should I take a pre-bacc program for pre-med then do the MS requirements to strengthen, or should I just do the credits on my own then go for my MS. From what I hear, I should get the MS experience down but I'm trying to find the quickest route possible. Since I'm so far removed from my science experience, I know I need some refreshers! Any input? Anyone in that situation?.
Your quickest route, without shortchanging yourself, will probably be a 1 year post bacc like Duquesne, that offers a mix of prerequisite and upper level sciences.