Pre-med s/o in the Air Force w/ ONLINE B.S. Will this hold him back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lodo.owl

Above all, be human.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
so my s/o has been expressing he wants to pursue medicine for some time. Currently he's deployed w/ the AF and is finishing his bachelor's (cGPA 4.0) at an accredited online university in Cybersecurity. He is planning on going through a post-bacc at a state University (not online) afterwards to meet his pre-reqs while completing ECs. When researching schools today I stumbled across Stanford's FAQ webpage and saw this:

Will online degrees be considered in the application process for Stanford Medicine?

Online degrees will not be considered in the application process for Stanford Medicine.

Can be viewed here: FAQ

Will his online bachelor's hold him back from applying to certain/most schools like Stanford, although he will complete all required courses at a 4 year Uni in person? If so, how can he remedy this? Would a master's be required/recommended in this situation?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
He would have to a get a UG at a brick/mortar school. A masters WILL NOT replace need for UG

And I'd assume a majority/all medical schools would require completion of another bachelor's at a brick and mortar to consider him as an applicant, as opposed to only certain schools?