• stripping is also an option

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • you've got a slimmer of hope

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
Aug 11, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Help. I am about to enter my sophomore year of college and my current GPA is a 3.1. I had a rough freshman year and recently took Chem 2 over the summer and received a C. At my college, you can retake the class and have the grade replaced; however, I want to know if it is advisable to move on and take Orgo instead of retaking Chem 2.

My end goal is med school. I have pretty good outside the classroom life-clinical research at a hospital/medical school, service organization, and a mentor to incoming freshman.

I know my GPA isn't stellar but I truly believe that this path is for me, I want to be a doctor and I want to see myself entering medical school. Please give me your honest opinion!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
Start acing things and you'll be fine.

The median GPA for MD acceptees is 3.7. About 3.3+ for DO schools.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
So should I re-take it or no? @Goro
You do not retake the class. A college policy of grade replacement is not, repeat not, honored by AMCAS and therefore no matter what you do , the C must be reported. Frankly the rough freshman year can be easily overcome by doing well the next three years. Taking a summer Organic at a CC was a terrible decision for reasons that are explain ad nauseam in these forums. Getting a C makes it worse. . However, what you must do is move on to Organic II and do well. Look forward

Reactions: Goro and gyngyn