Pre-Med Student Starting New Career

Started by sbl3c14
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sbl3c14

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the plan for the past two years has been medical school for a career in forensic pathology. A few days ago, I was offered a job at a medical examiners office as an investigator, which I gleefully accepted. I’m open to the possibility of falling in love with this new career, but the fear of making a mistake keeps creeping up. I know I can always go back to medical school later, but there’s not a lot of strict information about what to do as a “non-traditional” student that’s going back to school after graduating a few years prior. If anyone has any advice to give on what to do after being out of school for a while and considering medical school, it would be greatly appreciated.
 
sbl3c14 said:
So the plan for the past two years has been medical school for a career in forensic pathology. A few days ago, I was offered a job at a medical examiners office as an investigator, which I gleefully accepted. I’m open to the possibility of falling in love with this new career, but the fear of making a mistake keeps creeping up. I know I can always go back to medical school later, but there’s not a lot of strict information about what to do as a “non-traditional” student that’s going back to school after graduating a few years prior. If anyone has any advice to give on what to do after being out of school for a while and considering medical school, it would be greatly appreciated.
See Goro's advice for premeds who need reinvention (comes up easily in a search). Good luck!