• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pre-Med Student Starting New Career

sbl3c14

May 30, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
  2. Non-Student
So the plan for the past two years has been medical school for a career in forensic pathology. A few days ago, I was offered a job at a medical examiners office as an investigator, which I gleefully accepted. I’m open to the possibility of falling in love with this new career, but the fear of making a mistake keeps creeping up. I know I can always go back to medical school later, but there’s not a lot of strict information about what to do as a “non-traditional” student that’s going back to school after graduating a few years prior. If anyone has any advice to give on what to do after being out of school for a while and considering medical school, it would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

jhmmd

supernatural
Apr 28, 2020
desert highway
sbl3c14 said:
So the plan for the past two years has been medical school for a career in forensic pathology. A few days ago, I was offered a job at a medical examiners office as an investigator, which I gleefully accepted. I’m open to the possibility of falling in love with this new career, but the fear of making a mistake keeps creeping up. I know I can always go back to medical school later, but there’s not a lot of strict information about what to do as a “non-traditional” student that’s going back to school after graduating a few years prior. If anyone has any advice to give on what to do after being out of school for a while and considering medical school, it would be greatly appreciated.
See Goro's advice for premeds who need reinvention (comes up easily in a search). Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.