Pre-med tries to pull a fast one

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
look i never said that what she did was right or that I agree with her, but that doesn't mean that the prof' had to go so far as possibly ruining her future/ carreer. I def' don't think that b/c of a small mistake she won't be able to become a doctor. I had a similar thing in undergrad. A guy who i worked in with lab asked to get the lab results as he lost them. I didn't have the excel so I gave him my lab report. The idiot copied it word by word... lol ... smart? no fair? no.... he got caught ( of course) but the prof was nice enough to understand that if she'll disclose it he might get expelled . So, she didn't ruing his future but he didn't get a grade on this lab report. I think its less extreme than to screw some1 over as this girl was b/c of 2 points

Agree. Some professors are very cold-hearted, like the ones that gave a 14 page, 45 minute final, or the ones that would smile seeing his students suffer.

Members don't see this ad.

Society needs a peron to make an exmple of, and in this case it is this girl, but let me ask you something, who in here can swear and be honest that they have never cheated in their life. I think everyone has at some point in something. It is just that now we have someone to point to and ridicule and show the glory of the "rules".

Members don't see this ad :)
look i never said that what she did was right or that I agree with her, but that doesn't mean that the prof' had to go so far as possibly ruining her future/ carreer. I def' don't think that b/c of a small mistake she won't be able to become a doctor. I had a similar thing in undergrad. A guy who i worked in with lab asked to get the lab results as he lost them. I didn't have the excel so I gave him my lab report. The idiot copied it word by word... lol ... smart? no fair? no.... he got caught ( of course) but the prof was nice enough to understand that if she'll disclose it he might get expelled . So, she didn't ruing his future but he didn't get a grade on this lab report. I think its less extreme than to screw some1 over as this girl was b/c of 2 points

Being a doctor is about using good judgment all the time. I understand she is not a doctor now, but morals aren't necessarily something you pick up in med school. If this is a small mistake, what's a big mistake? What if the class was curved and you found out that she did this? I would be pissed because I don't know how many other things she has cheated on.

I wish more professors would be this strict about dishonesty. In the past 7 days, I overheard a girl telling another girl specific questions, not just topics, that were on an exam (one girl took the exam early for some reason), in the same class a guy was blatantly surfing the internet on his cell phone during an exam looking up who-knows-what, and in a different class a girl was studying from an unreleased previous quiz from the class (the professor keeps the quizzes and exams from previous years). I know at least a couple of them are pre-med or vet. I'm disgusted. We are supposed to be aspiring professionals. It's not just this school either--I saw these same kind of things happening at my undergrad too, and YES they are "good" students with high GPAs, excellent attendance, and brown-nosing capabilities like you wouldn't believe. I suspect these things happen at every school. If a couple people were made examples every year, I bet this behavior would stop and QUICK.

ditto..the other day I was taking a physics exam and this kid was obviously cheating of his friend right next to him. I didn't say anything because I thought...maybe it's not my place and what if I'm wrong. I'm sure it will catch up to him (if he was cheating).

HAHAHAHA...bummer...I agree with harsh punishments because for every 1 person caught, 1000 get away. So to make up for those getting away, schools have to up the punishments.

Just remember that cheaters take your spot in dental school/medical school.

There was an article that 90% of college students have cheated in one way or another

wow, it takes true genius to use A) George Bush or B) Hitler in an internet conversation.

As for the cheater,
she should not be allowed to enter health care. Someone fudging 2 points to PASS a class I could understand (not condone, but understand).

Someone who would cheat for 2 points for a A to A+, must be so egotistical they should not be allowed to treat patients.

Well said.