Pre-meds and Partying

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Check all that apply to you

• Drink Alcohol

Votes: 204 80.3%
  • Drink to Get Drunk

Votes: 138 54.3%
  • Sober

Votes: 59 23.2%
  • Smoke Cigarettes

Votes: 41 16.1%
  • Other Tobacco Products

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • Do not use Tobacco

Votes: 129 50.8%
  • Smoke (or ingest) Marijuana

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Do not smoke Marijuana

Votes: 113 44.5%
  • Use Other Elicit Drugs

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Avoid Drugs

Votes: 141 55.5%
  • Have Protected Sex

Votes: 134 52.8%
  • Have Unprotected Sex

Votes: 72 28.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 73 28.7%

• Total voters
Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.TobiasFünke said:
I wonder if it's abstain or just dont get any?

Awwe. Dude, your probably right. They just call it abstaining to maintain self respect. We're pulling for you guys! You can do it!

I always feel sorry for highschoolers that come on here asking questions. Worrying about medical school in high school has got to be a drag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looque said:
I always feel sorry for highschoolers that come on here asking questions. Worrying about medical school in high school has got to be a drag.

i think my success as a pre-med is due to my complete lack of responsibility in high school. I got the worst of it out of my system.

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
i think my success as a pre-med is due to my complete lack of responsibility in high school. I got the worst of it out of my system.

Haha some of us are just starting now!

Dr.TobiasFünke said:

I just can't really imagine a personality that would worry about medical school while in high school actually having the ability to cope with the stress of medical school when it comes.

do most people who don't smoke weed look down on those that do?

NoktorNoL said:
do most people who don't smoke weed look down on those that do?

I try not to judge. But pot smoking is usually more than just a recreation, it tends to become a lifestyle. Which is where the problem lay.

Haemulon said:
I try not to judge. But pot smoking is usually more than just a recreation, it tends to become a lifestyle. Which is where the problem lay.

Well thats true with any substance or recreation...

Dr.TobiasFünke said:
Well thats true with any substance or recreation...

Maybe. I'm not sure though. Is mainstream sex a lifestyle? Beer? I guess anything in moderation.

Time to try to be productive with some secondaries. You all have fun.

I don't know about the rest of you, but it kind of scares me that more people will have unprotected sex than smoke cigarettes...

Looque said:
I'd agree that Coors, Miller and Bud all taste the same, but Busch seems a little crappier.

Yeah you really can't put Busch in there. Now Busch, Natty light, Natty Bo and a few others can fit in their own category of nastiness

EDIT: I just realized I was on only the first page of this thread when I posted that

Pkboi24 said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but it kind of scares me that more people will have unprotected sex than smoke cigarettes...

Only way to go (especially if your married :thumbup: )

Looque said:
It's the world's "coldest tasting beer," afterall. Whatever that means.

it means they couldn't actually think of anything "good" to say about the taste of coors light... :smuggrin:

Pkboi24 said:

with unprotected sex, you have a chance of contracting a fatal disease...and the majority of the people you have unprotected sex with, will not have a disease to give you. on the other hand, if you smoke cigarettes, you will get a fatal disease, and every single cigarette you smoke will have that disease to give you...it's all about the statistics :cool:

plus, you're probably assuming the unprotected sex is with random people...if it's with a spouse or significant other, it's pretty different...plus, once again, the cigarette will kill you even if you really love it and you're faithful to it... :laugh:

jbrice1639 said:
with unprotected sex, you have a chance of contracting a fatal disease...and the majority of the people you have unprotected sex with, will not have a disease to give you. on the other hand, if you smoke cigarettes, you will get a fatal disease, and every single cigarette you smoke will have that disease to give you...it's all about the statistics :cool:

plus, you're probably assuming the unprotected sex is with random people...if it's with a spouse or significant other, it's pretty different...plus, once again, the cigarette will kill you even if you really love it and you're faithful to it... :laugh:

Good post. However, smoking does not gaurantee that you will get a disease, just increases the odds. And the risk is only documented based on pack-per-day years, not on occassionally having a few in a bar. There is no way to really defend smoking, its obviously bad for you, but just like to try and keep it real. I have a few myself once in a while. Am just lucky to not have a craving for them. Now sex on the other hand ... :cool: :D

You're all drunkards!

joanofarc0907 said:
Yeah you really can't put Busch in there. Now Busch, Natty light, Natty Bo and a few others can fit in their own category of nastiness

EDIT: I just realized I was on only the first page of this thread when I posted that
Natual Body Odor? Disgusting!

DRKUBA said:
Next poll should ask how often :laugh:

That thread has already been done, moved to the Lounge, restarted here, and closed.

Even this thread was very, very, very, very borderline.

Serious question: why don't you guys use the Lounge?

MollyMalone said:
That thread has already been done, moved to the Lounge, restarted here, and closed.

Even this thread was very, very, very, very borderline.

Serious question: why don't you guys use the Lounge?

if this thread were in the lounge it would receive waaaay less feedback and votes

things get the most action in pre-allo!

Yes, but if you all started going to the Lounge to meet your silliness needs, then Lounge threads would get just as much attention!

this is a funny thread. but it screams for adcoms to look into it, esp all those who have their pictures and md applicants on here!! i hope no one has posted anything incriminating.

i clicked vote before i hit view results to find out whether or not the poll was anonymous.. it would of been a funny prank if it wasnt :p