~~[PRE MEDS]~~ What's YOUR anti-drug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juiceman311

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is assuredly pertinent to the pre-med community, as we are supposed to promote health and well-being :thumbup: So what is YOUR anti-drug? Mine is definitely fantasy baseball! :thumbup: So what is yours? Be as descriptive as you'd like, but keep it friendly, we're all pre-med brethren here :thumbup: Also, for the purposes of this thread, Adderol is NOT a drug, so if you take it to stay flahahhahahay til you diahahahahhahaie, then that is OKAY although not reccomended by most physicians, I would think.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
sex and spankings, and drugs?

premedmaybe said:
alcohol is my anti-drug.

I knew one of the first few posts would be something completely adolescent like this. :love:

Seeing all my old friends back in my hometown all hopped up is my anti-drug. They never went anywhere and now they hang out at the high school checking out the young girls. I'm glad I'm not there anymore.

juiceman311 said:
I knew one of the first few posts would be something completely adolescent like this. :love:

Why should anyone even have an "anti-drug" ??? It's not like drugs force themselves on you. I think people have "pro-drugs" - things like depression, poverty, misery, isolation/alienation, boredom, recreation, stuff like that spurs people to do awful things. Those are all "pro-drugs". But they can also spur you to do other stuff. Boredom, for instance, is usually the cause of my adventures with pyrotechnics. So instead of shooting smack I like to burn stuffed animals. Who am I to judge. You heard me. Yes, you.

juiceman311 said:

yea alcohol is sooooo adolescent, not like the mature activity of fantasy football :rolleyes: , nothing wrong with that, just saying nothing wrong with drinking alcohol either, ........................and my anti-drug is keeping people in a 9 foot pit in my basement and making them put lotion on their skin (im trying to make a human skin coat, im in way over my head, never realized how much work this would be)

lobster M.D. said:
why you gotta hate on muscarinic cholinergic receptors?????

:laugh:

'cause they think they are all that and aren't easy to pronounce. They could have been "Bob receptors," but noooooo.

crazy_cavalier said:
Why should anyone even have an "anti-drug" ??? It's not like drugs force themselves on you. I think people have "pro-drugs" - things like depression, poverty, misery, isolation/alienation, boredom, recreation, stuff like that spurs people to do awful things. Those are all "pro-drugs". But they can also spur you to do other stuff.

:thumbup:

crazy_cavalier said:
Why should anyone even have an "anti-drug" ??? It's not like drugs force themselves on you. I think people have "pro-drugs" - things like depression, poverty, misery, isolation/alienation, boredom, recreation, stuff like that spurs people to do awful things. Those are all "pro-drugs". But they can also spur you to do other stuff. Boredom, for instance, is usually the cause of my adventures with pyrotechnics. So instead of shooting smack I like to burn stuffed animals. Who am I to judge. You heard me. Yes, you.

Hey didn't you start the "anyone with no interviews yet" thread? Or something of that nature?

You goin somewhere this fall??

Members don't see this ad :)
I play as much volleyball as possible. A good game can make me release lots stress and definitely keep me away from drugs.

crazy_cavalier said:
I think people have "pro-drugs" - things like depression, poverty, misery, isolation/alienation...

that sounds like a spot on description of medical school... :laugh:

Thinking about myself and related topics.

RPGs (yes, I'm a dork). And nail-biting. Possibly, eating. And, as PSA as it sounds, hope.

If this were a poll, I would be willing to bet that caffeine would be the premed drug of abuse. However, I feel there is a growing trend among kids a now in college to step it up to AD(H)D drugs without a prescription. I sort of feel like that is cheating, but I love coffee so who am I to talk? Anyway, when I first saw this post, I thought it was going to be about brainstorming new ideas for anti-drug advertisments. I find the current ones to be totally absurd, so as long as we are going that far on a limb (A girl who "does nothing" but lie on a couch without ay apparent skeletal structure as a result of smoking marijuana), I would throw one out there:

So, maybe some of you have seen the one about "My brother did smoked pot back in high school and he did not end up in jail or on the streets or in a gang or something like that...and then the little brother walks down to the basement and sees his older pothead brother smoking in the basement and says "he didnt go anywhere." Well, here is my spin off idea - the little brother goes downstairs again saying how his brother did not join a gang or go to jail and then as he gets down to the basement he sees a lamp and says "my brother smoked so much he became a lamp." Anyone else have ideas?

juiceman311 said:
This is assuredly pertinent to the pre-med community, as we are supposed to promote health and well-being :thumbup: So what is YOUR anti-drug? Mine is definitely fantasy baseball! :thumbup: So what is yours? Be as descriptive as you'd like, but keep it friendly, we're all pre-med brethren here :thumbup: Also, for the purposes of this thread, Adderol is NOT a drug, so if you take it to stay flahahhahahay til you diahahahahhahaie, then that is OKAY although not reccomended by most physicians, I would think.

my anti-drug :thumbup: is totally excessive :thumbup: use of the thumbs-up :thumbup: symbol :thumbup:

Surfing. Newcastle Ale. Soccer. Yoga. Guitar. Rinse and repeat.

"VERB: It's What You Do" is my anti-drug.

juiceman311 said:

I think that quoting asanine government propaganda like anti-drug commercials is completely adolescent. :laugh:

p9142 said:
I think that quoting asanine government propaganda like anti-drug commercials is completely adolescent. :laugh:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

Whitewater kayaking. Skiing. If I can kayak a class five rapid or huck a big rock, then I can handle the stress of an ochem exam.

Reading. Usually reading gets me all happy and excited with the thought that my life could be as interesting as the book I just read.

Basketball. I play before studying. Exercise is a great stress eliminator.

The list goes on... I feel like I am talking about distractions instead of anti-drugs.

My anti drug is apartheid and racism.

yomaxpower said:
The list goes on... I feel like I am talking about distractions instead of anti-drugs.

As someone who has worked in addiction counseling, I can vouch that distractions are wonderful anti-drugs. A lot of people do drugs because they have nothing better to do.

SDN :thumbup:

...and heroin, I'm not sure which is more addictive

Narcan (Naloxone) is my anti-drug, literally

bad body image.

Which is WAAAAAAY healthier than, say, weed . . . ;)

your mom is my anti-drug

mom.053.png

(Who's mom is this btw?)

Putting yourself through college working as someone's bit@h serving and bartending is my anti-drug. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure I never have to do it again, and when I quit to become an MS1 in August it will be my happiest day in years.

amen.

Naltraxone and Antabuse along with some Campral

hildaluc said:
Putting yourself through college working as someone's bit@h serving and bartending is my anti-drug. I'll do whatever it takes to make sure I never have to do it again, and when I quit to become an MS1 in August it will be my happiest day in years.

amen.

:thumbup:

stoic said:
why's everyone hating on drugs?

After all, don't they kinda sorta fit into medicine somewhere :confused: ?

I like to get real baked and play video ... oh wait, ummm, I like to get real baked and have conversations with frien... oh wait, no, ummm ... playing guitar is fun. Learning other languages is fun, but that isn't really something you can do in leiu of twisting a fatty, hmmm, I guess I play video games, guitar, go out drinking and try to read people, get all jazzed up on coffee and enter the pipe-dreamery, I like to discuss how cool the future of gaming will be with my lan buddies, read about WWII, you know, the usual.

My GPA and probably my family. And oh yeah, I won the D.A.R.E(anti-drug program in elementary schools) fifth grade coloring book contest.

Hey why is Adderol not a drug? It's certainly in the same category as the other drugs on this thread if you dont have a prescription.

Gavanshir said:
Hey why is Adderol not a drug? It's certainly in the same category as the other drugs on this thread if you dont have a prescription.

It is a drug. The majority of pre-meds who use it do so illegally, but will swear at you like pirates if you point out the obvious.

heavy lifting and angry music :mad:

juiceman311 said:

Music, video games, evolution debates...