1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!
What can I do to get my MCAT, DAT, or OAT score up? Ask in the Test Prep Week AMA threads.

Pre-Pharmacy Student-athlete

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by chelseav1, Sep 10, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. chelseav1

chelseav1

Sep 10, 2017
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to provide some guidance or give input on what I should do. I took the PCAT Sept 8 (94 composite), have a GPA of above 3.55, and am a student-athlete at my university. With being a student-athlete, I have not been able to have an opportunity to thoroughly shadow or work as a pharmacy technician so I am lacking in the experience category. Will the lack of experience hurt my chances of being accepted to schools?

Also, would a letter of recommendation from my coach be beneficial? I know they usually recommend professors, supervisors, etc.

If it helps, I am planning to apply to CU-Denver, Midwestern at Glendale, Pacific Univ Oregon, and possibly a couple others that I haven't definitely decided yet.

Thank you.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Blizzard1mage

Blizzard1mage 5+ Year Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Don't know about those particular schools. But a good recommendation is a good recommendation. If your coach can speak to your work ethics, integrity, perseverance, etc. that's far better than a professor you've met once. It'd help to do some shadowing or work in a pharmacy - if not to demonstrate your vast experience, at least so you know what you're getting yourself into.