Pre + Post-Studying MCAT Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffb300

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question is only really answerable if you took a practice test before you finished studying, but any input is welcome!

I was wondering how much you improved after studying? I just took my first full MCAT practice test and was wondering how much I might expect to improve after I study everything intensively.

I got a 32 after reviewing about a 1/3 of the material (just reading and taking notes and doing some practice problems). Is above a 36 doable you think? I know the differences between scores can get to be really different. Is a 36 a VAST improvement with lots of studying, or could I possibly even hit a 38 or 39??

I took the AAMC Test 3 from the Princeton Review site for that score. Is it easier than the actual MCAT or other practice tests?

Thanks in advance! :)

Members don't see this ad.

This question is only really answerable if you took a practice test before you finished studying, but any input is welcome!

I was wondering how much you improved after studying? I just took my first full MCAT practice test and was wondering how much I might expect to improve after I study everything intensively.

I got a 32 after reviewing about a 1/3 of the material (just reading and taking notes and doing some practice problems). Is above a 36 doable you think? I know the differences between scores can get to be really different. Is a 36 a VAST improvement with lots of studying, or could I possibly even hit a 38 or 39??

I took the AAMC Test 3 from the Princeton Review site for that score. Is it easier than the actual MCAT or other practice tests?

Thanks in advance! :)

It's entirely dependent upon the individual. Do not set a ceiling for yourself and just work your hardest for the best possible score. I can't say what kind of score you can achieve with complete studying (and even "complete studying" is subjective and dependent upon the individual), just study your hardest so you will not ever have those "what if" or "should have" predicaments after you take the real thing.

And yes, AAMC Test #3 is easier than the other tests and the real thing, but you seem to be on the right track...good luck!