krazy

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Orange County
Status
Pre-Dental
So I've decided to apply to dental school, only problem is that I graduated so long ago (2006) and all my pre-req courses are over 5 years old. Some schools require that these classes are taken within a 5 year period? :scared:

Or does that only apply for applicants without degrees? I'm afraid my chances may be shot if this is the case... :thumbdown:

dentalWorks

Nights Watchmen
7+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2009
Sterling Hts, Mi
Status
Dentist
my understanding of this is that not all dental schools have this 5 or 7 year thing.... Actually majority of them don't care about your pre-req's age cause they usually like to see your DAT score not be more than 2-3 years old

krazy

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Orange County
Status
Pre-Dental
my understanding of this is that not all dental schools have this 5 or 7 year thing.... Actually majority of them don't care about your pre-req's age cause they usually like to see your DAT score not be more than 2-3 years old
Whew! I looked at some of the schools I was interested in, and I guess it was that only one that I saw, the others had no saying of the such. Thanks for your input on this!

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
So I've decided to apply to dental school, only problem is that I graduated so long ago (2006) and all my pre-req courses are over 5 years old. Some schools require that these classes are taken within a 5 year period? :scared:

Or does that only apply for applicants without degrees? I'm afraid my chances may be shot if this is the case... :thumbdown:
I graduated in 2005, and didn't have any problems with my pre req's.