Pre-req???????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmTech8241

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be advised to take macro & micro economics at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

if you ever take survey of economics or intro to economics, you go over topics that are covered in micro, covered in macro, and covered in both. usually, you want to take them separately to avoid confusion. it might be easy on some parts when they overlap, but other times, it's just easier to do microeconomics first and then macroeconomics.

when i was an undergrad, my school recommended taking micro first, and then taking macro after.

Members don't see this ad :)
Would it be advised to take macro & micro economics at the same time?
I think it's doable since micro is more specific and macro is more general. Just keep the info organized in your head not to get them confused. But, I'm not saying it will be easy, just be on top of your game with these two classes (ask for help when needed, etc)

Yea one of the schools im applying to requires both...thanks for the advice everyone...I think I'll take micro first then macro to limit the confusion of taking both at the same time

You can definitely take both at the same time if you so desire. Neither one of them are all that difficult and the material covered in macro is certainly different than the material you will encounter in micro. Just make sure that you understand supply and demand and the rest of the information will fill in the gaps.