Pre reqs at community college Dual enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atent50

Reaction score
Hi all,

this is my first post just had a pressing question. I’ve read other threads about this on here.

To the point, I had a late realization I wanted to do dentistry after some shadowing. I’m about to finish my junior year of my accounting degree. I haven’t done any science classes really except two basic classes, I don’t want to switch my entire degree therefore I want to finish accounting next spring with a packed schedule, but that means I wouldn’t start prerequisites till after my 4th year which would add two more years on top of my undergrad and possibly a glide year which is just really setting me out time wise.

I had the idea of starting them this fall at a community college while being enrolled at my university finishing my major. I saw some people saying this was a bad idea, but is it situational? I’m not doing them there because there easier necessarily I’m just trying to cut time.

Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just complete them at your current university? You may need to have a credit override approved by an advisor.

finish up your degree.
I don’t know why I didn’t think of this. It’s cheaper too. Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You should try to take pre-reqs and your accounting classes simultaneously instead of rushing to finish your accounting degree. Some science classes have to be taken in a certain order so you will be in school longer if you don't spread them out over multiple semesters.

maybe minor in something biology related? You will have a good amount of chemistry and biology classes to take... not to mention what is on the dat. You can do it!