Pre-Reqs online during covid-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuremrsDr<3

Reaction score
I've seen that some schools are accepting them especially during this time. What online school have you tried and liked?
I'm looking to do biochem, calc, microbio & lab, and maybe orgo1 online. Any tips thanks!

I'm fully aware, some schools don't accept these... but also that there are exceptions right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools might accept those credits, but I highly doubt they will carry as much weight as if they were at your actual university. I would be cautious about knocking out that many science prerequisites online. Especially because those classes are considered traditionally difficult, and good predictors of success in dental school. Dental schools are certainly understanding about the current circumstances, but I also think they can spot people taking advantage of the situation. If you're looking to maximize productivity, take some online classes like English that you need for your degree.

Some schools might accept those credits, but I highly doubt they will carry as much weight as if they were at your actual university. I would be cautious about knocking out that many science prerequisites online. Especially because those classes are considered traditionally difficult, and good predictors of success in dental school. Dental schools are certainly understanding about the current circumstances, but I also think they can spot people taking advantage of the situation. If you're looking to maximize productivity, take some online classes like English that you need for your degree.

I was thinking the same thing, the only problem is these are the only classes I have left before I planned to apply next year.
:/

I think they didn't mean go to an online school or program, they most likely mean a regular university (most likely the one you're already registered at) that switched to online for a semester or two.