• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

mina9

May 3, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I graduated in April 2016 with a BS in Biology. I'm applying this cycle, but I'm not optimistic as I still haven't taken the DAT. Should I not get in, I will apply again and possibly start a masters program Fall 2018. I'm wondering if I'll have to worry about re-taking my prerequisites down the road as it will be three years between finishing my undergrad and starting dental school. Anyone with information on the matter would be helpful.

mandypr

Aug 13, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I had to take my pre-reqs over due to expiration. Most schools it is 10 years but some are 5. Every school is different and do not post it so you have to ask. Sounds like you should be good with most schools but I think there is talk of some schools getting more strict and shortening the time period your grades are good for.

Reactions: 1 user

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
5+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2014
Alterac Valley
Like mandypr said, it depends on the school. E-mail the schools you are applying to and confirm that it'll be OK.

When are you planning on taking your DAT?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.