-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pre-Vet Runners
Started by Gwenevre
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does anyone have a Fitbit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have a Fitbit?
I have a Zip! I've been thinking of upgrading to a wrist model, but reviews say they're pretty comparable in accuracy, so I'm sticking with it for now.
The steps and calories are pretty spot on, but the distance is always way off for me (it always has 20-30% over my gps running watch).
Yessss. Just upgraded to the Blaze and it's /amazing/.Does anyone have a Fitbit?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
LOVE my Fitbit!Does anyone have a Fitbit?
I got a fitbit as a gift a couple years back and had it for approximately a week before I left it at a silks class and it never made its way back to me. Didn't get attached enough to it to buy another...
I have been very happy with my Charge HR. Does the blaze have shinier features?
So, I had the charge HR before the blaze, and I really like the blaze more for the music control and text notifications. Those are things I wanted the Apple Watch for, but didn't wanna stop wearing my Fitbit [emoji14].I have been very happy with my Charge HR. Does the blaze have shinier features?
I got a fitbit as a gift a couple years back and had it for approximately a week before I left it at a silks class and it never made its way back to me. Didn't get attached enough to it to buy another...
You might even be able to contact Fitbit, explain what happened, and see if they'll offer you a replacement device. My flex fell off my arm and I complained to CS (it had a bad clasp) and they comped me one! I've used Fitbits for years and they are wonderful about sending replacement devices in general.
I think the blaze is the smart watch with GPS model.
I thought that was the surge?
Oh I'd feel bad about that. It was 100% on me, I took it off because you don't want anything to tangle or tear in the fabric and just left it there on accident.You might even be able to contact Fitbit, explain what happened, and see if they'll offer you a replacement device. My flex fell off my arm and I complained to CS (it had a bad clasp) and they comped me one! I've used Fitbits for years and they are wonderful about sending replacement devices in general.
My pebble apparently tracks steps and I pay zero attention to that feature, so I think I'm OK without. 😛
I have the Charge HR.
And I too have heard they're great about sending replacements. A vet I worked with said her dog chewed hers up and they just sent them a picture of the fitbit and they sent her a new one.
And I too have heard they're great about sending replacements. A vet I worked with said her dog chewed hers up and they just sent them a picture of the fitbit and they sent her a new one.
I thought that was the surge?
Just double checked! They both have GPS (blaze connects through your phone though), but the blaze is modeled after a smart watch while the surge looks more like a fancy fitness watch.
I wish those had been out when I bought my Garmin a few years ago! I would have totally bought one instead. Being able to control my music through those is awesome.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I challenge all of you.
Am I allowed if I enjoy running from my responsibilities?
All running is welcome!
Am I allowed if I enjoy running from my responsibilities?
NO, get out!
Just kidding. You may stay because I love your avatar 😍
NO, get out!
Just kidding. You may stay because I love your avatar 😍
Thanks! Pitties

Also, down with Fitbits, up with Apple watches!
Nike GPS watch, for the win!!
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm the poor peasant over here just using my phone for such things...
I have a Fitbit Charge, which I got last June (well, besides the few replacements I've had to get due to losing one and the second one getting broken...). But I love it and I lost 40lbs because of it! I started running (well, not much) but a little last July, stopped in October due to clinics, and now I'm slowly starting to pick it back up again. I've run 2 5K's!
I'm the poor peasant over here just using my phone for such things...
Am I'm the engineer over here who thinks too much data becomes useless at a point. I wear a Garmin when I run. That is all.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yeah I just use it to track my time and distance and to tell me when zombies are chasing me. Don't keep track of anything else.Am I'm the engineer over here who thinks too much data becomes useless at a point. I wear a Garmin when I run. That is all.
That battery life though... my pebble is literally half the cost and gets me 3-4 days of constantly pushing SDN notifications, and closer to a week if I'm not playing WW. 😛Thanks! Pitties
Also, down with Fitbits, up with Apple watches!
Plus waterproof!
I don't feel as bad about losing my Fitbit now hahah I just don't want to shell out another $150. I wish I could find it!I have a Fitbit Charge, which I got last June (well, besides the few replacements I've had to get due to losing one and the second one getting broken...). But I love it and I lost 40lbs because of it! I started running (well, not much) but a little last July, stopped in October due to clinics, and now I'm slowly starting to pick it back up again. I've run 2 5K's!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I used a flex for several years. I really enjoyed its more or less waterproof nature, since I always forgot to take it off in the bath tub anyway.
I have the flex, but currently the battery is only lasting about 48 hours and it's really frustrating me! lol. It runs out, then I take it off and forget to charge it. I'm think of the aria for my next one when this one finally dies. I used to have the fitbit one and the zip, but I like the wrist models when they started to come out.
Well, this is a running thread, so I guess I'll post my run...?
I just finished my 5k training program this week, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable before I add more time/distance.
Km 1 - 8:42
Km 2 - 8:56
Km 3 - 9:46
Zombies evaded: yes
This run felt harder than it should have. /shrug
I also took my dog on the run but I'm thinking that is maybe not wise in the future. The first 20 minutes were fine and then it turned into a case of 'drag the dog.'
I just finished my 5k training program this week, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable before I add more time/distance.
Km 1 - 8:42
Km 2 - 8:56
Km 3 - 9:46
Zombies evaded: yes
This run felt harder than it should have. /shrug
I also took my dog on the run but I'm thinking that is maybe not wise in the future. The first 20 minutes were fine and then it turned into a case of 'drag the dog.'
Am I allowed to post here as a beginner? I started out about 6 weeks ago not being able to run for more than a minute or 2 at a time, but this week I got up to 2 miles!
Yesterday I was pet-sitting for someone about 2 miles away, and I ran there and back... So 4 miles total.. With a 20 minutes break in between to feed a cat, but still! I've never done that before!
Yesterday I was pet-sitting for someone about 2 miles away, and I ran there and back... So 4 miles total.. With a 20 minutes break in between to feed a cat, but still! I've never done that before!
That battery life though... my pebble is literally half the cost and gets me 3-4 days of constantly pushing SDN notifications, and closer to a week if I'm not playing WW. 😛
Plus waterproof!
Wait, what?
I have the charge HR and the only thing I miss about my real watch is that the real watch is water proof.
I don't feel as bad about losing my Fitbit now hahah I just don't want to shell out another $150. I wish I could find it!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
*cough* Ebay. It's where I've bought all my fitbits (fitbit one, and charge hr). Just research reputable sellers, and you'll be good.
I tried Zombie run for the first time today. So awesome!
I tried Zombie run for the first time today. So awesome!
Welcome to the horde.
Didn't run on Monday, but made up for it today. /tired
Km 1 - 7:50
Km 2 - 7:46
Km 3 - 7:45
Km 4 - 7:50
Km 5 - 7:33
Zombies evaded: Mostly...
Much improved from last run. But I had TWO zombie chases back to back. Within 2 seconds of the first ending. That. Wasn't. Fair.
But I sent my heart rate through the roof and maintained it most of the run. I think I can be sloth like for the rest of the day, now.😴
Km 1 - 7:50
Km 2 - 7:46
Km 3 - 7:45
Km 4 - 7:50
Km 5 - 7:33
Zombies evaded: Mostly...
Much improved from last run. But I had TWO zombie chases back to back. Within 2 seconds of the first ending. That. Wasn't. Fair.
But I sent my heart rate through the roof and maintained it most of the run. I think I can be sloth like for the rest of the day, now.😴
Just hit 200 miles today on my runkeeper app! Woo hoo I'm excited to start doing races this summer. Mud runs/ ORCs have been my favorite lately [emoji3]. These zombie runs do sound like a good time tho...
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Everyone is making me really want to check out this Zombie app. I feel like it would help keep me entertained beyond just my music.
Everyone is making me really want to check out this Zombie app. I feel like it would help keep me entertained beyond just my music.
It's quite a lot of run. I like doing my miles to music but when I'm using the app, I want the song tracks to hurry up and finish so I can get more story.
What's the name of this zombie app? And can u play music while using?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Run! Zombies.
And it plays music in between "radio transmissions" for the game/program
And it plays music in between "radio transmissions" for the game/program
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the Zombie game work if I use Pandora ?
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes! At least, it should. I use spotify. The new version of the app lets you use external music players, it stops the music during story portions and lowers the volume when you pick up an item or reach a distance marker. Oh, and during chases.Does the Zombie game work if I use Pandora ?
I use 8 tracks for music and it works with that as well. Shouldn't be a problem with Pandora.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just downloaded the Zombie! Run app. Have any of you used it with treadmill running? I'm feeling blobish today, so I probably won't try it out, but thought I might tomorrow. However it's supposed to rain here, and I just wasn't sure if it was treadmill friendly since you have to avoid the zombies and all.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K