Pre-Vet Runners

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gwenevre

Pre-Nursing
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
@Trilt asked for it, I think :p

Members don't see this ad.

Like the sport of running????!!!! :love:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a Fitbit?

I have a Zip! I've been thinking of upgrading to a wrist model, but reviews say they're pretty comparable in accuracy, so I'm sticking with it for now.

The steps and calories are pretty spot on, but the distance is always way off for me (it always has 20-30% over my gps running watch).

I got a fitbit as a gift a couple years back and had it for approximately a week before I left it at a silks class and it never made its way back to me. Didn't get attached enough to it to buy another...

I have been very happy with my Charge HR. Does the blaze have shinier features?

I think the blaze is the smart watch with GPS model.

I have been very happy with my Charge HR. Does the blaze have shinier features?
So, I had the charge HR before the blaze, and I really like the blaze more for the music control and text notifications. Those are things I wanted the Apple Watch for, but didn't wanna stop wearing my Fitbit .

I got a fitbit as a gift a couple years back and had it for approximately a week before I left it at a silks class and it never made its way back to me. Didn't get attached enough to it to buy another...

You might even be able to contact Fitbit, explain what happened, and see if they'll offer you a replacement device. My flex fell off my arm and I complained to CS (it had a bad clasp) and they comped me one! I've used Fitbits for years and they are wonderful about sending replacement devices in general.

Reactions: 1 user
You might even be able to contact Fitbit, explain what happened, and see if they'll offer you a replacement device. My flex fell off my arm and I complained to CS (it had a bad clasp) and they comped me one! I've used Fitbits for years and they are wonderful about sending replacement devices in general.
Oh I'd feel bad about that. It was 100% on me, I took it off because you don't want anything to tangle or tear in the fabric and just left it there on accident.

My pebble apparently tracks steps and I pay zero attention to that feature, so I think I'm OK without. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the Charge HR.

And I too have heard they're great about sending replacements. A vet I worked with said her dog chewed hers up and they just sent them a picture of the fitbit and they sent her a new one.

I thought that was the surge?

Just double checked! They both have GPS (blaze connects through your phone though), but the blaze is modeled after a smart watch while the surge looks more like a fancy fitness watch.

I wish those had been out when I bought my Garmin a few years ago! I would have totally bought one instead. Being able to control my music through those is awesome.

Am I allowed if I enjoy running from my responsibilities?

Reactions: 7 users
I have the Garmin Vivofit. I would really like a fitness watch with a GPS, but that looks exactly like the HR Charge. Or I just need to get a better phone to run with.

I have a Fitbit Charge, which I got last June (well, besides the few replacements I've had to get due to losing one and the second one getting broken...). But I love it and I lost 40lbs because of it! I started running (well, not much) but a little last July, stopped in October due to clinics, and now I'm slowly starting to pick it back up again. I've run 2 5K's!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm the poor peasant over here just using my phone for such things...

Am I'm the engineer over here who thinks too much data becomes useless at a point. I wear a Garmin when I run. That is all.

Am I'm the engineer over here who thinks too much data becomes useless at a point. I wear a Garmin when I run. That is all.
Yeah I just use it to track my time and distance and to tell me when zombies are chasing me. Don't keep track of anything else.

Huz and I are doing the 2,016 miles in 2016 challenge. We're at 714.06 miles to date! Buuuuut he may be finishing without me because of my hip problems :thumbdown:

Our cattle dog runs some miles with me and she's at 255 miles to date! She's pretty awesome!

Reactions: 2 users
I have a Fitbit Charge, which I got last June (well, besides the few replacements I've had to get due to losing one and the second one getting broken...). But I love it and I lost 40lbs because of it! I started running (well, not much) but a little last July, stopped in October due to clinics, and now I'm slowly starting to pick it back up again. I've run 2 5K's!
I don't feel as bad about losing my Fitbit now hahah I just don't want to shell out another $150. I wish I could find it!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I used a flex for several years. I really enjoyed its more or less waterproof nature, since I always forgot to take it off in the bath tub anyway.

I have the flex, but currently the battery is only lasting about 48 hours and it's really frustrating me! lol. It runs out, then I take it off and forget to charge it. I'm think of the aria for my next one when this one finally dies. I used to have the fitbit one and the zip, but I like the wrist models when they started to come out.

Well, this is a running thread, so I guess I'll post my run...?

I just finished my 5k training program this week, so I want to make sure I'm comfortable before I add more time/distance.

Km 1 - 8:42
Km 2 - 8:56
Km 3 - 9:46

Zombies evaded: yes

This run felt harder than it should have. /shrug

I also took my dog on the run but I'm thinking that is maybe not wise in the future. The first 20 minutes were fine and then it turned into a case of 'drag the dog.'

Am I allowed to post here as a beginner? I started out about 6 weeks ago not being able to run for more than a minute or 2 at a time, but this week I got up to 2 miles!

Yesterday I was pet-sitting for someone about 2 miles away, and I ran there and back... So 4 miles total.. With a 20 minutes break in between to feed a cat, but still! I've never done that before!

Reactions: 10 users
That battery life though... my pebble is literally half the cost and gets me 3-4 days of constantly pushing SDN notifications, and closer to a week if I'm not playing WW. :p

Plus waterproof!

Wait, what?

I have the charge HR and the only thing I miss about my real watch is that the real watch is water proof.

I don't feel as bad about losing my Fitbit now hahah I just don't want to shell out another $150. I wish I could find it!

*cough* Ebay. It's where I've bought all my fitbits (fitbit one, and charge hr). Just research reputable sellers, and you'll be good.

Didn't run on Monday, but made up for it today. /tired

Km 1 - 7:50
Km 2 - 7:46
Km 3 - 7:45
Km 4 - 7:50
Km 5 - 7:33

Zombies evaded: Mostly...

Much improved from last run. But I had TWO zombie chases back to back. Within 2 seconds of the first ending. That. Wasn't. Fair.

But I sent my heart rate through the roof and maintained it most of the run. I think I can be sloth like for the rest of the day, now.:sleep:

Reactions: 2 users
Just hit 200 miles today on my runkeeper app! Woo hoo I'm excited to start doing races this summer. Mud runs/ ORCs have been my favorite lately . These zombie runs do sound like a good time tho...

I have an appt Friday at the Running Institute for my jacked up hips because I just haven't been satisfied with the orthopedist. I haven't been able to run and I'm sooooooo sad.

Everyone is making me really want to check out this Zombie app. I feel like it would help keep me entertained beyond just my music.

Everyone is making me really want to check out this Zombie app. I feel like it would help keep me entertained beyond just my music.

It's quite a lot of run. I like doing my miles to music but when I'm using the app, I want the song tracks to hurry up and finish so I can get more story.

What's the name of this zombie app? And can u play music while using?

Does the Zombie game work if I use Pandora ?

Does the Zombie game work if I use Pandora ?
Yes! At least, it should. I use spotify. The new version of the app lets you use external music players, it stops the music during story portions and lowers the volume when you pick up an item or reach a distance marker. Oh, and during chases.

Just downloaded the Zombie! Run app. Have any of you used it with treadmill running? I'm feeling blobish today, so I probably won't try it out, but thought I might tomorrow. However it's supposed to rain here, and I just wasn't sure if it was treadmill friendly since you have to avoid the zombies and all.