-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pre-Vet Runners
Started by Gwenevre
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's awesome. I've had my Fitbit for a little over a year now and I love it. I think it helps motivate me. Which one did you get?~Necrobumping~
I just got a Fitbit! So I'm excited! Hopefully, I can actually get into running now... or at least walking more! I've been swimming laps lately, so that's good- I'm just trying to get healthy for a change!
The Charge 2! Many many moons ago (December 2014) I had the original Flex, and my family has been doing competitions and such so I figured it was due time to upgrade.That's awesome. I've had my Fitbit for a little over a year now and I love it. I think it helps motivate me. Which one did you get?
My only complaint is that it's not waterproof because I'm a swimmer and would've liked that feature to record HR while swimming laps. Other than that, I love it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Charge 2! Many many moons ago (December 2014) I had the original Flex, and my family has been doing competitions and such so I figured it was due time to upgrade.
My only complaint is that it's not waterproof because I'm a swimmer and would've liked that feature to record HR while swimming laps. Other than that, I love it!
The Charge 2 looks good (except the waterproof part). I have a Blaze which is a little too bulky but it was a gift and it still works fine so I can't complain. Anyways have fun with your Fitbit! I'm trying to get back in shape this summer so let me know if you need a Fitbit buddy 🙂
I will! You too!! 🙂The Charge 2 looks good (except the waterproof part). I have a Blaze which is a little too bulky but it was a gift and it still works fine so I can't complain. Anyways have fun with your Fitbit! I'm trying to get back in shape this summer so let me know if you need a Fitbit buddy 🙂
I wanna be a runner? Slowly but surely working my way up to it lol
If anyone wants to join our Fitbit challenges, let me know/PM me!
I just downloaded Zombies, Run! Hoping to try it out for the first time tonight once it is a little less humid outside!
I got into running as a self-care routine during the end of freshman year of college. I did it through that summer and into fall of my sophomore year. I ended up stopping when winter hit because I really hated running on a treadmill. You all are inspiring me to get back into it.Also plugging the Zombies Run 5K training app. I used it for a while, and am gonna restart the program soon.
When I did run, I started with Zombies Run. I honestly think that's what kept me running. I hated running at first, but then using that app, it became my ritual. I became emotionally invested in the characters in the story and that helped me keep running. Another vouch for it! It's really wonderful.
I was like “oooh that’d be fun”If anyone wants to join our Fitbit challenges, let me know/PM me!
and then I realized I’m already in it.
Running is my nightmare
ZR! is fantastic except when you find yourself halfway through a run and ****ing bawling because you're emotionally invested in the series and crap is going down.
Not that that has ever happened to me...
Not that that has ever happened to me...
Alright guys, I officially re-joined a gym and am gunna re-do couch to 5K. Add me. Same username as here.If anyone wants to join our Fitbit challenges, let me know/PM me!
ZR sounds fun but I hate taking my phone with me on runs. I usually take my garmin watch and my car key and that's it, although with school I'm having to do some runs on the treadmill instead of the trails.
I've got an 11k trail race tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I barely ran at all for most of last month, but I'm using what few races I can do (pretty technical trail + not-hot time of year) to keep myself motivated during school. During my post-bacc I drove past the good trails on my way home from classes, but right now if I wanted to run before school I'd finish my run before the sun came up! Makes it a little harder.
Today I'm trying to catch up with my ravenous hunger, having spent a whole lot of time out cavorting in the snow and ice, and then I'll have to look closer at conditions and figure out what I'm going to wear and whether I'm going to run it with yak trax on. I did fine with the 15k trail race at the end of November and I'm no stranger to running in snow / bitter cold, so hopefully it'll go ok!
I've got an 11k trail race tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because I barely ran at all for most of last month, but I'm using what few races I can do (pretty technical trail + not-hot time of year) to keep myself motivated during school. During my post-bacc I drove past the good trails on my way home from classes, but right now if I wanted to run before school I'd finish my run before the sun came up! Makes it a little harder.
Today I'm trying to catch up with my ravenous hunger, having spent a whole lot of time out cavorting in the snow and ice, and then I'll have to look closer at conditions and figure out what I'm going to wear and whether I'm going to run it with yak trax on. I did fine with the 15k trail race at the end of November and I'm no stranger to running in snow / bitter cold, so hopefully it'll go ok!
Ack. I should redo couch to 5k.Alright guys, I officially re-joined a gym and am gunna re-do couch to 5K. Add me. Same username as here.
ugh
(If you can’t tell I'm super passionate about fitness)
I was like “oooh that’d be fun”
and then I realized I’m already in it.
Same and then I realized I've been ignoring them but kickboxing classes start back up next week so I will rejoin when that happens
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got into running as a self-care routine during the end of freshman year of college. I did it through that summer and into fall of my sophomore year. I ended up stopping when winter hit because I really hated running on a treadmill. You all are inspiring me to get back into it.
When I did run, I started with Zombies Run. I honestly think that's what kept me running. I hated running at first, but then using that app, it became my ritual. I became emotionally invested in the characters in the story and that helped me keep running. Another vouch for it! It's really wonderful.
I used to always hate the treadmill too (and exercising indoors in general), but I finally resigned myself to the fact that exercising indoors is the only way I'll do it on weekdays during the winter, so I joined a gym and started running intervals on the treadmill. It's SO much less boring that way! The workouts are shorter, still tiring, and I'm so focused on just trying to run fast (i.e. less slow) for X more seconds before I can slow down and recover, that my mind doesn't have time to wander and be bored. My Pandora even quit on me halfway through a run, I noticed it momentarily, didn't stop, then forgot about it and ran the remaining 20 or so minutes without music. I can NEVER run without music.
Wow you guys are straight up troopers bc I absolutely hate running for exercise...BUT, once upon a time, a long time ago, I was one of those "ball is life" kids. I played basketball all during my youth, in high school and aau. I remember telling my mom when I was in grade school I was going to make it to the NBA and buy her a house. Ten years later, I realized that as a 6'0 unathletic, gawky-lookin' white guy--I'm fat now tho--my dreams would never surface.
Anyways, point in short, running sucks. The only way I can bypass the whole "hey, I'm running right now" thing is if I'm playing a sport.
@katashark does Oregon State have an intramural club for vet school students?
Anyways, point in short, running sucks. The only way I can bypass the whole "hey, I'm running right now" thing is if I'm playing a sport.
@katashark does Oregon State have an intramural club for vet school students?
I’m gonna hate myself even more because I decided to download couch to 10K instead because that takes you to 14 weeks, at 3 times a week, and not including spring break, that would be perfect because I would end just before ‘dead’ week.Ack. I should redo couch to 5k.
ugh
(If you can’t tell I'm super passionate about fitness)
(Maybe it’ll give me something to think about other than just vet school- maybe I won’t go as crazy this way.
)If anyone wants to join our Fitbit challenges, let me know/PM me!
I do!! Tell me more, tell me more! 😀
There are several of us from SDN who compete each week/weekend to see who can get the most steps. plus we chat with each other. 🙂 it's very low pressure.I do!! Tell me more, tell me more! 😀
Emphasis on very lowThere are several of us from SDN who compete each week/weekend to see who can get the most steps. plus we chat with each other. 🙂 it's very low pressure.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Sometimes we compete for the losing spot
lol. compete.There are several of us from SDN who compete each week/weekend to see who can get the most steps. plus we chat with each other. 🙂 it's very low pressure.
So true... the good thing is that we’re supportive, whether you move a lot or not at all!Sometimes we compete for the losing spot

I remember I got yelled at over the summer on the days I was working at two barns at the sheer steps I would get thoughlol. compete.
So true... the good thing is that we’re supportive, whether you move a lot or not at all!![]()
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Lol something along the lines of "OMG SIT DOWN"I remember I got yelled at over the summer on the days I was working at two barns at the sheer steps I would get though
Okay but you were walking literally like 30,000 steps that week and I had like... 2,000I remember I got yelled at over the summer on the days I was working at two barns at the sheer steps I would get though
total
Lol something along the lines of "OMG SIT DOWN"
First you were still recovering from surgery. Second I found screenshots. It's @SkiOtter. Had to blur a part out.Okay but you were walking literally like 30,000 steps that week and I had like... 2,000
total
Last edited:
First you were still recovering from surgery. Second I found screenshots. First one is from @SkiOtter. Had to blur a part out. Second is CDO
hahahahaha true.
Ps my face is in the second one hahaha
Last edited:
hahahahaha true.
Ps my face is in the second one hahaha
Removed
Last edited:
Hahaha yeaaah if you could at least cut that bit out that’d be appreciated. I have a slimmer of anonymity.I tried to keep the icon somewhat identifiable without showing your whole face. Did I leave too much? I can remove it if you want

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hahaha yeaaah if you could at least cut that bit out that’d be appreciated. I have a slimmer of anonymity.![]()
Last edited:
Left a slimmer of your face then 😉
You do? 😱Hahaha yeaaah if you could at least cut that bit out that’d be appreciated. I have a slimmer of anonymity.![]()
Would still like to be added to the Fitbit group 😉
I remember I got yelled at over the summer on the days I was working at two barns at the sheer steps I would get though
Lol something along the lines of "OMG SIT DOWN"
Okay but like you guys missed @katashark ’s 89 THOUSAND steps last week. BECAUSE YOU ALL FLAKED.Okay but you were walking literally like 30,000 steps that week and I had like... 2,000
total
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'm getting back on that zombies run train when I'm no longer dying. All my new year's resolutions will actually start next week 

Hahahahaha yes! My resolutions are starting after MLK dayI'm getting back on that zombies run train when I'm no longer dying. All my new year's resolutions will actually start next week![]()
I did a crap ton of walking/hiking last week. Lol.Okay but like you guys missed @katashark ’s 89 THOUSAND steps last week. BECAUSE YOU ALL FLAKED.
View attachment 227594
PM me your real name 🙂Would still like to be added to the Fitbit group 😉
And @buggymanatee if you want to join, do the same thing 🙂
I want to join, but the problem is that I go to the gym and walk/run on the treadmill... I don't have a fitbit or step-counter so my steps at the end of the day aren't always accurate 🙁PM me your real name 🙂
And @buggymanatee if you want to join, do the same thing 🙂
The only thing I have to count steps is my iphone. Tips?
Just ordered a new fitbit to try to get back into this. I will say I typically take it off when I'm lifting/working out because I wrap my wrists but it would be fun to try to push myself with others.
Hi im joining in 🙂 Im a UF animal science masters student at the moment. Hoping to keep up my running routine this semester..my schedule is pretty loose this term. However worried about keeping it up if I get accepted.
Alright guys, I said I'd do it and I did. Zombies Cto5K workout 1 completed! Now to keep going.
I’m 3 weeks into training for a half marathon and OW MY SHINS AND CALVES
Would anyone want to do a fitbit challenge?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know you posted this like 3 weeks ago, but I just got a fitbit and am down for a challenge if you are still thinking of doing one!Would anyone want to do a fitbit challenge?
my mileage is also super low (woohoo sprinter life) so everyone would probably beat me
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 2K