Precedence/PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RAMPHARMD

UHCOP Pharm.D. Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are applications viewed as first come, first serve? The reason I am asking is because I plan to take the PCAT this October and submit my application to SWOSU, UT, UH, and TT upon news of my PCAT score to hopefully become accepted in the Fall of 2009... I am worried that the students that have submited their applications before me will take priority in the application review/acceptance process. Essentially what I am asking is will my application be put on the back burner and not viewed as seriously as the prior applicants because of my later-received application?

Members don't see this ad.

There are some variations between schools, but yeah, reviews of completed applications are first-come first serve. I'm not sure if those schools you've listed are rolling admissions. If not, then the October PCAT won't harm you too much. If those schools are rolling admissions, then a few reviews of the first applications have already taken place.

Some schools may act on incomplete applications, but I can only think of examples where the missing components were LORs.

I don't think that the adcoms will review your applications less seriously, just later on in the admissions cycle where the supply of class spots may be lower and the demand a little higher.