Preemptive Secondaries... on the DO Primary?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nintendraw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I got my answer by calling DMU-COM. I printed it below.

Earlier today, I was filling in as many of the "easy bits" of the AACOMAS 2018 application as I could (aka coursework + Y/N questions), I noticed that under the school-specific button, some schools have, in addition to Prereqs tab, (the "manually classify your classes" tab--so tedious), a Questions tab that for some schools includes what looks like the secondary questions as posted here some time ago. For instance, Des Moines has "[...] How have [your] experiences [with osteopathic medicine] impacted you and your pursuit of osteopathic medical education as it relates to the mission of Des Moines University?" in there, along with a couple other questions.

I thought these were secondary questions! Do we really have to fill them out and submit them along with the primary?? iirc, UNECOM and maybe West Virginia (I forget the abbreviation) have the same thing going on. Can anyone more in-the-know weigh in? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would contact the individual schools about this, but my guess is if its on the application, you should answer it.

honestly do it now while its still free lest you get a secondary and have to shell out the money for it again.

Members don't see this ad :)
Contacting DMU-COM told me that this "preemptive secondary" is in lieu of a separate secondary--so DMU-COM doesn't send applicants a "secondary" per se, but use answers for these "preemptive secondary" questions to fill a secondary-like thing on their end. So "no secondary" =/= "nothing to fill out beyond the generic primary PS/Activities".

Contacting DMU-COM told me that this "preemptive secondary" is in lieu of a separate secondary--so DMU-COM doesn't send applicants a "secondary" per se, but use answers for these "preemptive secondary" questions to fill a secondary-like thing on their end. So "no secondary" =/= "nothing to fill out beyond the generic primary PS/Activities".
Hey that's 50-100 bucks saved, it's a win in my eyes even if it's a pain in the butt now.

Reactions: 1 users