Preferred Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilwebb09

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If a school says they prefer that a prereq is taken as a traditional course (versus online) does that mean they absolutely won't accept the online credits or that they'll just give it a side eye/frown and just not take it seriously? I'm asking because there are some prereq's (biochem/microbio/ap 1 and 2) that are only offered during the day and I'm working full time so online would be much more accommodating.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Prefer - \pri-ˈfər\ - verb: Like (one thing or person) better than another or others; tend to choose.

Members don't see this ad :)
so go for it?

Yes of course. If that's the only way you can take those classes, then take them online. And, like all school specific questions, you should contact the schools individually.

I feel like if you have a choice, go for the traditional/non-online course. My orgo classes were offered online only and it wasn't the greatest experience. I was frustrated often with server problems and glitches. But it really depends on your school.

On multiple occasions the servers for the orgo program crashed on exam day. They had to postpone it and gave us written exams. Everyone did terrible on them (no wonder) and so they had to give us take home exams in place of it.

If you really can't afford to take them during the day, try calling dental schools you're interested in and there should be zero confusion left over it.