prehospital

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jawurheemd

xx ToXiC xx
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Perhaps one of these days everyone is going to get a CT in the ambulance during the trip and have a diagnosis by the time they hit the ED. Heck, I just sent a guy straight to the cath lab based on a paramedic EKG and a great story -- 100% RCA occlusion.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by jawurheemd
Perhaps one of these days everyone is going to get a CT in the ambulance during the trip and have a diagnosis by the time they hit the ED. Heck, I just sent a guy straight to the cath lab based on a paramedic EKG and a great story -- 100% RCA occlusion.

We need one of those Star Trek handheld body scanners. ;)

It's nice to hear ER staff saying good things about the prehospital world.

Unfortunately this can be rare thing as the quality control and education can sometimes be lacking.

I hope I work in a progressive EMS area when I am a doc though. It is great to be able to trust the "call-in" and impression of the paramedics.

I was lucky to work an an area with pretty high quality and high technology EMS systems.... Most had cardiac monitors that could transmit EKG's directly to the hospital, and in conjunction with a radio report, patients could be sent directly up to the cath lab...

But I agree -- it's nice to see such good rapport and trust between EMD's and EMS. :)