Prelim Departmental Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fontainebleau55

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Should I include the departmental letter that I received for applying to prelim medicine / TY programs in my application to DR and IR programs (in addition to other 3)? I think it may end up being strong and I'd hate for it to go to waste, but I don't know if it would seem out of place
 
Should I include the departmental letter that I received for applying to prelim medicine / TY programs in my application to DR and IR programs (in addition to other 3)? I think it may end up being strong and I'd hate for it to go to waste, but I don't know if it would seem out of place

What was your distribution of rads / nonrads letters of the 3 you'll definitely be including?
 
Be sure to read program websites that you're interested in. Quite a few require only 1/3 letters be from radiology +/- a 4th from a research mentor if you've done extensive research. As for your departmental letter, I'd use it for your prelims/TY but not rads. It won't hurt if you do, but a strong personal letter from a single individual is often more memorable.