Prelim Departmental Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fontainebleau55

Reaction score
Should I include the departmental letter that I received for applying to prelim medicine / TY programs in my application to DR and IR programs (in addition to other 3)? I think it may end up being strong and I'd hate for it to go to waste, but I don't know if it would seem out of place

Members don't see this ad.

Should I include the departmental letter that I received for applying to prelim medicine / TY programs in my application to DR and IR programs (in addition to other 3)? I think it may end up being strong and I'd hate for it to go to waste, but I don't know if it would seem out of place

What was your distribution of rads / nonrads letters of the 3 you'll definitely be including?

Be sure to read program websites that you're interested in. Quite a few require only 1/3 letters be from radiology +/- a 4th from a research mentor if you've done extensive research. As for your departmental letter, I'd use it for your prelims/TY but not rads. It won't hurt if you do, but a strong personal letter from a single individual is often more memorable.