Prep for next cycle, LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VermilionAsD

Reaction score
It looks like, according to ADEA's website, LORs do not carry over from your previous application. Does anyone have experience with this? How did you go about obtaining letters for when you re-applied especially if you are no longer in school?

Of course and advice is greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

you can email or visit your professors that previously wrote you one and ask them again. They sometimes keep copies of them so finding it would be the "difficult" part. Also if they already wrote you one once before, Im sure they'd be willing to write another.
I actually got my first LOR's 2 years after I graduated, and I had no problem securing them.

Reactions: 1 user
you can email or visit your professors that previously wrote you one and ask them again. They sometimes keep copies of them so finding it would be the "difficult" part. Also if they already wrote you one once before, Im sure they'd be willing to write another.
I actually got my first LOR's 2 years after I graduated, and I had no problem securing them.

Reassuring. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)

How would you go about asking the professors who already wrote a letter for you to "re-do" them? I am not sure if asking them to solely update the date of the LOR or would that be unprofessional. Any thoughts?

Hey Dr. PhxSuns1, remember me, clark5013? I took your class ages ago and as a matter of fact, you wrote me a LOR for my dental school application. Thanks for that. Speaking of the LOR, I need another one; or the same one if you still have it. Thank you very much. Thats the short version. The longer version would include you updating them on your life, why you need it, what you've been up to or even talk about things you'd wish for them to include. Professors are busy people. Yes, there's a chance that they'll just change the date and edit a line or two.