Prereq bias against Comm. Coll. classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Backnine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking to take 2 or 3 prereq classes at a community college where I live this summer, but I was advised that this would be a big mistake. Is there a bias? Anyone have any good insight?

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, If you start at a comm. college, than no, but if your at a university and than go backwards to a 2 year school, than yes, thats no bueno.

I'd probably avoid doing that unless you have a compelling reason, in case someone further down the line questions your motive. If possible, do it at your current school, or it's equivalent.

If you're home for the summer and it's not really feasible to take the courses at a university, without having to delay them, I'd say it won't be a big deal to take them at a CC. Be prepared for someone down the line to ask about it, but your explanation is legit.

Just make sure you don't ace these and then do poorly at the other pre reqs at your university. That kind of track record is what raises red flags. Do well all-around and you'll be golden. :thumbup: