Prerequisite Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

playoud48

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Long story short, I may be missing literally 1 credit of a Bio Lab, and I already graduated last year. The course I planned on using was 4 units combined lecture/lab and I assumed it'd be 50/50 (i.e 2 hours lecture, 2 hours lab) since it was lab heavy, but it might not be like that. Planning on applying next year while I'm taking an MPH course. Didn't think I'd be in this situation but as far as I know I could make up the prerequisites as long as it's before I matriculate (could literally be the spring/summer before).

So I would like to get a run down of my options, not really sure which is best. Would I be able to take a course at a community college? Do I have to apply/enroll or can I just take this one class? Or am I able to do a post-bacc or something at a university for one summer semester? Would my MPH program get in the way of this at all?

Members don't see this ad.

Long story short, I may be missing literally 1 credit of a Bio Lab, and I already graduated last year. The course I planned on using was 4 units combined lecture/lab and I assumed it'd be 50/50 (i.e 2 hours lecture, 2 hours lab) since it was lab heavy, but it might not be like that. Planning on applying next year while I'm taking an MPH course. Didn't think I'd be in this situation but as far as I know I could make up the prerequisites as long as it's before I matriculate (could literally be the spring/summer before).

So I would like to get a run down of my options, not really sure which is best. Would I be able to take a course at a community college? Do I have to apply/enroll or can I just take this one class? Or am I able to do a post-bacc or something at a university for one summer semester? Would my MPH program get in the way of this at all?
I really don't think this is a big problem, but check with a couple of admissions folks about your question just in case. (We have the InGenius folks in the sticky forums answering questions through 6/2.)