Prerequisite with No Mark?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

l2345

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Long time lurker but first time poster!

I have a question for our fellow SDN mates! I am planning on taking some prerequisites, such as english courses in second year. My University offers a special credit called pass/fail for one of our courses in our undergraduate years (on the transcript it will either display you passed or failed the course). This is to let students take more broad ranges of courses. But my question is if it is possible to use this credit (pass/fail) for writing prerequisites for Medical School admissions?

Thanks!

Edit: on the transcript, it will only display if I gotten the credit or not. Example: ENG100 Mark N/A Credit

Members don't see this ad.

It is generally frowned upon to use pass/fail classes as pre-reqs. This can become a bigger warning sign when a student has previously done poorly in a class of the same series. Example: English 1 (C), English 2 (Pass)

If you want to ask if it is possible rather than if it is advisable, that depends on the school. Many specify that pre-reqs must be done for a grade, but not all.

I definitely wouldn't recommend it, especially for a prereq course. If you do choose to do so, make sure you take another english course with a grade so you can count that as your prereq.