Prescription rights

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beaneek

IU 2009
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a website that shows what our prescription rights are from state to state?

Members don't see this ad.

AOA's website has that info.

I think you have to be a member to see that info. If you have a specific state in mind one of us members can check it out for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good call, yes most of the good info is in the password protected areas of the site.

Aren't you an AOA/AOSA student member? At SUNY we are all automatically members and get logins for the AOA site, check with your school's AOSA trustee.

Aren't you an AOA/AOSA student member? At SUNY we are all automatically members and get logins for the AOA site, check with your school's AOSA trustee.

Yes you can access AOA website with your AOSA ID #.

Beaneek, are you a student yet?

Yes, I am a 3rd year student. So, I can log onto the AOA site and find that info there?

i dont have access to the AOA website. could someone look up ga perscribing rights? i believe optometrists can prescribe any oral meds except for steroids and class 3 and 4 narcotics. is that right?

i dont have access to the AOA website. could someone look up ga perscribing rights? i believe optometrists can prescribe any oral meds except for steroids and class 3 and 4 narcotics. is that right?

Per the AOA site, GA can RX any orals for eye care including steroids. Can't RX Class 1 and 2 narcotics. Can Rx 3,4,5 narcotics.

Pretty strong.

Per the AOA site, GA can RX any orals for eye care including steroids. Can't RX Class 1 and 2 narcotics. Can Rx 3,4,5 narcotics.

Pretty strong.

EXCEPT oral steroids.

From the AOA site, dated 9/17/2007--unless it's a mistake...

EXCEPT oral steroids.

From the AOA site, dated 9/17/2007--unless it's a mistake...

Hmm, maybe the AOA summary sheet is wrong then. They did not have a superscript stating steroids were not allowed. To the OP, if you really want to know, look up the GA optometry board. They should have the statutes posted.

Hmm, maybe the AOA summary sheet is wrong then. They did not have a superscript stating steroids were not allowed. To the OP, if you really want to know, look up the GA optometry board. They should have the statutes posted.

You have to look closely. There is a superscript "1" and it says "no oral steroids".