Presentations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed315U

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone presented research/papers, etc. at national conferences?

Members don't see this ad.

i had a poster at AACR (first author), but due to a lack of money i couldn't go--only my boss (the PI) went. :(

What is AACR? Is it chemical association?
That's so disappointing about not being able to present.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Premed315U:
•What is AACR? Is it chemical association?
That's so disappointing about not being able to present.•••

aacr = american association for cancer research

yeah, it sucked not being able to go, especially since it was in san francisco that year, the second best city in the country (next to chi-town!)...

yeah, i presented at teh National conference for Undergraduate Research and at the Biomedical Sciences Research Conference. why do you ask?

Do you know which conferences have separate undergrad subdivisions?
Was the Undergrad Conference a good experience rayneel1? I'm interested in clinical research presentation, but I'm not sure where I should present.
thanks bunches

Not pio or chem related, but I am presenting research on income stratification at a sociology convention. Fun fun.

That sounds interesting! What convention is it? I'm interested in social sciences in relation to health too.

I was supposed to present 4 posters at the SNM (society of nuclear medicine) annual conference in Toronto this year, but the Mayo clinic wouldn't pay for me to go because I wasn't a current employee (this was for research done during the summer of 2000).

I presented a poster at the 2000 FASEB/ASBMB joint meeting. I presented both in the undergrad competition portion and also had to present in the general poster sessions as a requirement.

I presented a poster from some atmospheric research at the 1996 Coupling, Energetics and Dynamics of Atmospheric Regions (CEDAR) conference and at the International Arctic Research Conference.

I presented at the International Drosphila genetics conferences in Seattle and last year in DC. Good times...especially the opportunity to get out and meet some great people...and eat a ton of good food!

Something I have been working on (third author) will be presented in Barcelona, Spain next year at the American Psychosomatic Society. I won't be able to go, but it's just nice to know that my research is!
To all of you that have already made it, kudos!!

Tweetie

I was an author on a poster submitted to the FASEB conference in New Orleans this upcoming spring. I am hoping to go for, if nothing else, a good drink up with some scientists ;)