Presenting at ACS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if anyone had presented at ACS? How is it? How is the presentation? Mine will most likely be a poster... How did y'all list this on your application?

TYI!

Super excited to be presenting my research!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not many. I haven’t presented at ACS, but I had a poster at AAAS. Not sure how similar they are. I listed it on my application as a poster. I cited it like an abstract and gave a brief description.

Yeah I'm hoping that it goes well... I'll be presenting soon. Basically you just stand there and people come up and ask about your research, right?

Yep. Lol. It’s not that big of a deal. Some conferences don’t even require you to be there.

But looks cool on the app haha. I mean it doesn't really add the "wow" factor since it's just presenting at a national conference. Pretty common for premeds and undergrads I think...

A pub tho...

But looks cool on the app haha. I mean it doesn't really add the "wow" factor since it's just presenting at a national conference. Pretty common for premeds and undergrads I think...

A pub tho...

Eh. I have two pubs and it was not the Holy Grail premeds think it will be. Most med schools don’t count research as being of high importance like premeds think they do. The research powerhouses do, but that’s a small number of schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Eh. I have two pubs and it was not the Holy Grail premeds think it will be. Most med schools don’t count research as being of high importance like premeds think they do. The research powerhouses do, but that’s a small number of schools.

DAMN! TWO pubs!? Yeah I suppose you're right. Kinda meh because I have good research and really enjoy it. But I'm not gonna get into one of the top schools xD

Hello. I was wondering if anyone had presented at ACS? How is it? How is the presentation? Mine will most likely be a poster... How did y'all list this on your application?

TYI!

Super excited to be presenting my research!
I presented a poster at ACS last year and I thought it was actually pretty low-stress! Basically you just have to stand next to your poster for the time they give you and talk to people who come by. I was in the way back, so I didn't have a ton of people come over (but then again, I was in the very front for APS and didn't have a ton of people come over either).
On my app I listed it basically the same as @Matthew9Thirtyfive said above.
Good luck, have a good time, ACS is a really cool conference!

Reactions: 1 user
I presented a poster at ACS last year and I thought it was actually pretty low-stress! Basically you just have to stand next to your poster for the time they give you and talk to people who come by. I was in the way back, so I didn't have a ton of people come over (but then again, I was in the very front for APS and didn't have a ton of people come over either).
On my app I listed it basically the same as @Matthew9Thirtyfive said above.
Good luck, have a good time, ACS is a really cool conference!

Thank you so much! Gotta be honest I'm kinda nervous. (low-key hoping no-one comes over to talk to me about my research ;P)

But I suppose it's a pretty cool thing to have on my app. I've heard it's a lot of fun. Hoping they accept my abstract to present in the Fall)

But I suppose it's a pretty cool thing to have on my app. I've heard it's a lot of fun. Hoping they accept my abstract to present in the Fall)

It can be fun. But I presented at the AAAS meeting in Boston like 11 years ago, and the most fun was that I brought my girlfriend and we made a short vacation out of it and enjoyed the city.

It can be fun. But I presented at the AAAS meeting in Boston like 11 years ago, and the most fun was that I brought my girlfriend and we made a short vacation out of it and enjoyed the city.

Did your school pay for the trip? I believe mine does... basically the plane ticket and the hotel stay