Pretty scared, another chance me thread! and advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GOINGBALD42

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I am planning to apply to PT school. My gpa is a 3.0 cum I have a bachelor of science in biology did post bac got 3.2 and my pre req gpa is at a 3.2 or 3.3. I worked as a pt aide volunteer for about 7 months and am trying to get more hours at different settings soon. I haven't taken the gre and currently writing my essay. I understand that PT application is opening pretty soon, so I rushing a little to get everything ready to apply early. My top choice school is Uof Augustine. What are my chances looking like? What should I be doing to improve my application?
 
Last edited:
I would focus on things that you can do. IF you can retake 1-2 of the prereqs that will easily boost your prerequisite GPA up. Try to get some more hours in a different setting as well. In addition, I would really focus on doing well on the GRE, a score of 300+ and 4.0 should be good for several schools. As for the essay, the application for this year hasn't opened yet so I wouldn't start writing. Look up more schools, because each school calculates 'GPA' differently and see which school will calculate a high GPA for you as well.
 
Just do well on the gre... I was accepted into 3 schools and offered interviews at 3 more (2 of which I declined) with similar stats. I did have 4500 hours of experience though, so that is one of the few differences in stats.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would focus on things that you can do. IF you can retake 1-2 of the prereqs that will easily boost your prerequisite GPA up. Try to get some more hours in a different setting as well. In addition, I would really focus on doing well on the GRE, a score of 300+ and 4.0 should be good for several schools. As for the essay, the application for this year hasn't opened yet so I wouldn't start writing. Look up more schools, because each school calculates 'GPA' differently and see which school will calculate a high GPA for you as well.


What you mean it hasn't open? I thought the essay topic was "what is professionalism in the context of being a student in a PT program?"
 
It opens on July 1st. That was last years prompt.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.15.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.15.46 PM.png
    133.4 KB · Views: 103