PREview Exam (Which schools see it?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1135362

The only school I am applying to that requires PREview is UCLA. Will my other schools see my PREview score in case I do poorly on it? Or does only UCLA see it?

Members don't see this ad.

Just like the MCAT, only the schools you designate that agreed to accept PREview for their research or for their processes will view your results.

Watch

There will be another webinar coming within a week.

What do you mean "just like the MCAT"? ALL AMCAS schools to which you apply see ALL MCAT scores. Applicants have no ability to designate anything!

I am sure you are correct that only schools that want it will look at it. I'm equally sure that it will be available to any AMCAS school that wants it.

I am just going by what (I thought) was said in the video I linked. Schools cannot see applications that are not designated to them, and that should include their MCAT scores. I could only see those scores from applicants to my programs. If I wasn't clear, let me know.

That said, I agree,, it was not clear regarding the schools that only recommended the test whether you could designate them to receive the test or not. I don't know how an applicant could choose not to include them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am just going by what (I thought) was said in the video I linked.
Yeah, I just saw that as well, so I deleted my post. I guess my point is that it's not like the MCAT, because the MCAT automatically goes to all AMCAS schools to which you apply, with no selections made by the applicant.

I am just going by what (I thought) was said in the video I linked. Schools cannot see applications that are not designated to them, and that should include their MCAT scores. I could only see those scores from applicants to my programs. If I wasn't clear, let me know.

That said, I agree,, it was not clear regarding the schools that only recommended the test whether you could designate them to receive the test or not. I don't know how an applicant could choose not to include them.
Thanks! Also, do you know if schools will review your application before your PREview score is released? My score will be released mid August which seems a bit late.

Thanks! Also, do you know if schools will review your application before your PREview score is released? My score will be released mid August which seems a bit late.
Sorry, I can’t comment on that because this is the first year PREview exists and only 16 MD schools are using it.

The video doesn't say but it shows how three schools will use it, and they were all different. Ultimately you need to ask your schools. And they may not know.